Last Updated on
OnePlus 5/5T users can now taste the latest Android Pie on their devices. OnePlus has recently made Android Pie based OxygenOS 9.0.1 available for download for OnePlus 5/5T. Android Pie Beta via OxygenOS was released back in mid-December 2018 for OnePlus 5/5T and now after less than a one month, the stable build is available for download. This post is about How to Install OnePlus 5/5T OxygenOS 9.0.1 Android Pie Update. OxygenOS 9.0.1 is released via OTA system, which means the update is not going to reach everyone at once. So, there are chances that you might have to wait a little longer than others to enjoy the latest and greatest features of Android Pie.
In order to install OxygenOS 9.0.1 on OnePlus 5/5T via OTA update file, your device must be running on stable OxygenOS 5.1.7 firmware. So, if you haven’t received the OS update yet then go on and follow the given instructions to manually upgrade your OnePlus 5/5T to Android Pie via OxygenOS 9.0.1.
Table of Contents
Change log of OnePlus 5/5T Android Pie Update
- Improved stability for Wi-Fi connection
- Optimized sRGB display mode
- Optimized Reading mode
- Fixed issue with 4G VoLTE toggle missing
- Fixed random reboots when Screen Casting
- Updated system to Android 9.0 Pie
- New UI for Android Pie
- Brand new navigation gestures (For OnePlus 5T only)
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2018.12
- Other new features and system improvements
- New Gaming mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
- Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb (DND) mode with adjustable settings
- Integrated Google Lens mode
Below is the guide on How to Install OnePlus 5/5T OxygenOS 9.0.1 Android Pie Update.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during the installation.
- Backup all important data just in case something goes wrong.
How to Install OnePlus 5/5T OxygenOS 9.0.1 Android Pie Update
- Download the OxygenOS 9.0.1 update zip file from the downloads
- After downloading the update zip file transfer it to the root of your SD Card.
- Now go to your Phone’s Settings >> System Updates.
- In “System Updates” click on the Gear Icon at the top right of the screen which will open the Settings of System updates.
- Here click on ‘Local Upgrade’ and you will see the OTA zip file which downloaded and transferred to the root of your SD Card.
- Click on the OTA Zip file, a pop-up box will open which will ask if you want to upgrade to latest OTA update.
- Click on ‘Upgrade Now’ and the installation will start. Once OxygenOS 9.0.1 update is installed, it will reboot automatically.
That’s it! Official OxygenOS 9.0.1 Android Pie update is installed on your OnePlus 5/5T.