Last Updated on
Samsung Galaxy A6 Plus has started receiving Android Pie update. The Korean giant promised to bring the Android Pie to its mid-range series of smartphones. The company has kept its promise by starting the rollout of Android Pie update for Galaxy A6 Plus. The update is being rolled via OTA updates, which means not all of you are going to get updated at once. In fact, this rollout could take a lot of time before it reaches you. Anyhow, the good news is that you don’t have to wait for a very long time. In this Android Tutorial, we are going to tell you How to Manually Update Galaxy A6 Plus to Android Pie.
You can follow our guide install Android Pie XXU3BSC6 Official Firmware via Odin. Of course, the process is going to be a bit longer than OTA update but it’s easy and secure. Odin is an official Samsung Tool which is used to flash official firmware. Therefore, by using Odin you won’t void your device’s warranty. So, there’s no reason why shouldn’t manually update Galaxy A6 Plus to Android Pie XXU3BSC6. By following our step by step guide you can easily download Android Pie XXU3BSC6 Android Pie and install it on your Samsung A6 Plus.
Android Pie has brought a ton of new changes to the tables. There are many UI changes, bug fixes, battery and performance improvements, and the best part is the addition of some new useful features. The biggest cosmetic change is the introduction of One UI by Samsung, as the name says, this UI is supposed to make the phone more useful with a single hand.
Android Pie XXU3BSC6 Firmware Details
- Phone: Galaxy A6+ 2018
- Model: A605FN
- Firmware: Android 9 Pie
- Changelog: 15574486
- Build Date: 2019-03-01
- Region: Poland – XEO
- PDA: A605FNXXU3BSC6
- CSC: A605FNOXM3BSC6
- This guide is only meant for Galaxy A6 Plus A605FN. Check your phone’s model number in About Phone.
- Backup your contacts, messages, call logs, and other important data.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging mode on your Samsung Galaxy A6 plus.
- Charge your phone up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns. A shutdown during the installation process could damage your device.
- Always use OEM USB Data Cable to connect the phone to the computer.
- Samsung Galaxy A6+ USB Drivers
- Download and Install Latest Odin
- Android 9.0 Pie Firmware for Galaxy A6+
How to Manually Update Galaxy A6 Plus to Android Pie
- First of all, make sure you have installed correct Samsung A6+ USB Drivers and Odin should be installed as well on your computer.
- Now, download Android 9.0 Pie Firmware and extract to get AP, CP, BL, CSC, and Home_CSC files.
- Open launch Odin on your computer. In Odin, go to Options and make sure only Reset.Time and Auto Reboot options are selected. Head back to the Main Menu and click on AP slot to select the AP file. Now one by one Click CP, BL, CSC or Home_CSC slots and select respective files to load. One thing to note here is that choose CSC file if you want to factory reset the phone, choose the Home_CSC file otherwise.
- Now put your Galaxy A6 Plus in Download Mode. To do so, turn off your device completely. Connect your USB Type-C cable to the computer. Remember, only connect the cable to your computer and not with your phone at this moment. Press and hold the Volume Up key. While keeping the key pressed, connect the USB Type-C cable to your phone which is already connected to your PC. You will now see a warning screen, press Volume Up key once again to enter into the Download Mode.
- Your phone is now connected successfully at this point. Odin should show it as “Added” in the logs on the left side. It will also show Blue light in the ID:COM box. This shows that everything is working fine and you are ready to flash the firmware. Click on Start button in Odin to start the installation of Android Pie on your Galaxy A6+. It can take some time, so don’t fret.
- The phone will restart automatically, once the installation is done.
That’s it! You have successfully updated your Galaxy A6 Plus to Android Pie.