Last Updated on
After P30 Series, Huawei is all set to test EMUI 9.1 on Mate 20 Series. EMUI 9.1 Beta is now available for Huawei Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20 X, and Mate 20 RS Porsche. In this guide, we will tell you how to download EMUI 9.1 Beta on your Mate 20 Series device. It’s worth mentioning here, that this is just a beta release and you should know the meaning of Beta before installing EMUI 9.1 beta on Mate 20 or Mate Pro. In short, Beta means that it’s not a stable build and prone to many bugs. Therefore, the company expects you to use the beta software and report back as many bugs as possible to them.
EMUI 9.1 Beta Details
EMUI 9.1 is based on Android 9.0 Pie — same as existing stable firmware. Further, this upgrade mostly carries proprietary features that are designed and developed by Huawei themselves rather than Google. The upgrade also brings an amazing thing for gamers, GPU Turbo 3.0 is added to increase gaming performance on devices. A new file system has also been introduced to make day to day feel snappier. Coming to aesthetics, there are a handful of UI tweaks applied a well to give you a different look and feel.
Here’s the link for a detailed overview of what Huawei is offering in EMUI 9.1.
Now, if you are an owner of Huawei Mate 20, Mate 20 Pro, Mate 20X, and Mate 20 RS Porsche then you should definitely give a try to EMUI 9.1 beta. However, before you proceed with the guide there are some points which need your attention.
Things to Remember Before Installing EMUI 9.1 Beta
- The update is only available for non-rooted devices and your device must be running the stable build of EMUI 9.0.
- Once upgraded to EMUI 9.1 beta, it won’t be possible to downgrade back to the stable version.
- The upgrade requires 6GB of Internal Storage. So, make sure you have an ample amount of storage.
Now, let’s see how you can get EMUI 9.1 Beta for your Huawei Mate 20 Series device.
Install EMUI 9.1 on Huawei Mate 20 Series Devices
- First of all, download and install Friendly User Test APK on your Device. Do check our guide on How to Install APK file on Android.
- After installing, launch the Friendly User Test App from your app drawer.
- The starting page will show terms and condition. On the bottom click on “AGREE AND LOGIN”.
- Log in by entering your Huawei ID credentials. If you don’t have Huawei ID already then you need to signup Visit here to signup.
- After log in select the “Personal” tab and click on “Join project”.
- Move to available projects and select the available project with the name “HUAWEI [Phone Model] Beta project”.
- You will now receive a beta update notification automatically. Once you receive the notification tap on it to upgrade the phone to EMUI 9.1 beta.
Did you like the EMUI 9.1 Beta? Let us know in the comments section.