Last Updated on
Not long ago OnePlus removed the wraps from its latest flagship device called OnePlus 7 Pro. It’s an amazing device with very heavy specs. The specs are so impressive that it’s been called a Flagship Killer. The interesting bit is that OnePlus 7 Pro comes with specifications of a flagship but it comes with price-tag lower than usual flagship devices available in the market at the moment. OnePlus has always been very swift in releasing updates for its devices. Be it a monthly security update or a big incremental update. OnePlus never disappoints its users. Living up to its reputation, the company has already released OxygenOS 9.5.3 update for OnePlus 7 Pro. OnePlus 7 Pro comes with OxygenOS 9.5.0 right out of the box. So, if you want to update the software, go ahead and download OxygenOS 9.5.3 OTA flashable zip from the link provided below.
The new update consists of new features, improvements with a new April 2019 security patch. The latest OTA update for OnePlus 7 Pro comes packed with DC Dimming feature, an improved gaming experience with Fnatic Gaming Mode and haptic feedback, improved Digital Wellbeing and much more.
OxygenOS 9.5.3 changelog
- April 2019 security update
- Adds DC dimming feature available under Settings > Utilities > OnePlus Laboratory
- Improves smooth scrolling on the 90Hz display screen
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Introduces an enhanced audiovisual experience by adding haptic feedback. This can be found in Settings > Utilities > Gaming mode
- Adds Fnatic mode in Settings > Utilities > Gaming mode
- Adds Wind Down in Digital Wellbeing. This is available under Settings > Digital Wellbeing
- Adds Grayscale feature in Wind Down under Settings > Digital Wellbeing > Wind Down
- Improved Camera Quality
This software update is being pushed via OTA system. The update is being pushed in batches, therefore, it might take some time before it reaches your region. You can check whether the update has arrived in your device or not by navigating to Settings and look for Software Update. If available, Download & Install the update. If it has not yet reached to your mobile then don’t worry. Follow the below guide in order to download and install OxygenOS 9.5.3 flashable zip onto your OnePlus 7 Pro.
- Charge your device up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during the installation.
- Backup all the important data just in case something goes wrong.
How to Download and Install OxygenOS 9.5.3 Update on OnePlus 7 Pro
- Download OxygenOS 9.5.3 update zip file from the downloads
- After downloading the zip file transfer it to the root of your SD Card.
- Now go to your Phone’s Settings >> System Updates.
- In “System Updates” click on the Gear Icon at the top right of the screen which opens the Settings of System updates.
- Here click on ‘Local Upgrade’ and you will see the OTA zip file which downloaded and transferred to the root of your SD Card.
- Click on the OTA Zip file, a pop-up box will open which will ask if you want to upgrade to latest OTA update.
- Click on ‘Upgrade Now’ and the installation will start. Once OxygenOS 9.5.3 update is installed, the device will reboot automatically.