Last Updated on
WhatsApp is, without any doubt, one of the most popular messaging apps available in the market. It’s used on a daily basis by billions of people. Unfathomable amounts of data are shared in the form of videos, images, audios, documents, contacts, locations, etc . among its users. WhatsApp has grown so much in popularity that it’s now being used to conduct interviews or hold official business meetings. No matter for what reason you use WhatsApp, there’s one thing which bothers a majority of us equally and we all need a solution for it; that thing is images and videos, which are shared via WhatsApp, being saved in your default gallery. The content getting saved in your gallery is not the problem. The problem is that that content is easily available for anyone who has access to your default gallery. And that, sometimes, is not what we want.
So, in this Android Tutorial, you will learn how to hide WhatsApp images and videos from your phone’s gallery. It’s an easy process which doesn’t require more than mere taps in the application. Therefore, if you want to hide your WhatsApp images and video from your phone’s gallery than follow the steps mentioned below.
How to hide WhatsApp images and videos from your phone’s gallery
- First of all, open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Now, tap on three vertical dots at the top right of the screen.
- Then tap ‘Settings’, and select ‘Chats’ option in the settings menu
- Now that you are in the ‘Chats’, Uncheck the ‘Media Visibility’ box.
By unchecking Media Visibility box, you have basically told WhatsApp not to save any images or videos received in WhatsApp. From now on no images and videos received on WhatsApp will be saved in your phone’s gallery.
The method that we explained above uses a system-wide setting of hiding WhatsApp media in your phone’s gallery. However, there’s another way if you wish to hide the downloaded content of only one or more specific chats. Keep on reading to learn how to do that.
How to hide WhatsApp images and videos for a specific contact from your phone’s gallery
- Open WhatsApp and enter the thread of which’s content you want to hide from your phone’s gallery.
- Under the media tab, you will find a Media Visibility option, tap on it.
- Here, you can see three options – Default, Yes, and No.
- Default: It means that you want to use the settings which you applied for the whole app.
- Yes: This overrides the app-wide setting and allows to save all media files to your gallery just for this conversation thread.
- No: This overrides the app-wide setting to hide all the media files from your gallery just for this conversation thread).
This is how you can hide WhatsApp media from your phone’s gallery.