Last Updated on
In this Android Tutorial, you will learn how to root Realme 3 Pro and install TWRP on it. Realme is a sub-brand of Oppo and it was established in May 2018. In just a span of one year, the brand has made its worth in the market and is already giving a tough time to the might of Xiaomi, both price-wise and quality-wise. It was never going to be easy to penetrate in the market where Chinese brands like Xiaomi were already making hefty rounds. Anyhow, Realme did really well and is posing a real threat to its competitors.
Realme 3 Pro was released last month, and you can already install TWRP Recovery on it. It means that you can also root Realme 3 Pro. Before, you go any further, be mindful that installing TWRP recovery and rooting a device voids your warranty. Therefore, if you want to root Realme Pro 3 then you will have to give up your warranty. If you think it’s worth losing your warranty for root access and custom recovery then keep on reading as below is a guide which will take you through the whole process of rooting and install TWRP Custom Recovery.
First of all, let’s go through the requirements of this guide.
- Your Realme Pro 3 must be with an unlocked bootloader.
- Setup and Install ADB and Fastboot Drivers on Your PC.
- Install Oppo USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking on your Realme 3 Pro.
- Make sure the device is charged at least 60%.
Now that you have fulfilled the requirements and downloaded the files needed to carry out the procedure, it’s time to check out the first guide “How to Install TWRP Recovery on Realme 3 Pro”.
Install TWRP Recovery on Realme 3 Pro
- Connect your Realme 3 Pro to a computer via a USB cable.
- Now go to the platform-tools directory and enter cmd in the address bar to open Command Prompt.
- Reboot your Realme 3 Pro into Fastboot Mode by entering the following command: adb reboot bootloader
- Once you are in bootloader mode, flash the TWRP image you downloaded earlier. Enter the following command: fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-1-RMX1851.img
- Reboot your device by entering the following command: fastboot reboot
You have successfully installed TWRP Custom Recovery on your device. Now it’s time to root your device. Go ahead, and follow the below instructions.
Root Realme 3 Pro
- Connect your device to the PC again and this time enter the following ADB command in order to enter the TWRP Recovery mode: adb reboot recovery
- It’s recommended that you take the backup in case things go south. This way you would be able to bring back your device to a working state.
- Now, once you have taken the backup, select Install from TWRP main menu.
- Navigate to the location where you have put the downloaded Magisk-v19.3.zip file. Once found, select it.
- Swipe at the bottom to flash the zip.
- When it is done, you will see a Reboot system button at the bottom, tap on it and your device will reboot.
That’s it! You have successfully rooted your Realme 3 Pro and installed TWRP Recovery on it.