Last Updated on
In this Android Tutorial, we are going to tell you how to root Samsung Galaxy J3 Pro and Install TWRP Custom Recovery on it. This guide is applicable on Galaxy J3 Pro SM-J330X smartphone. Therefore, if you own this device then you are in for a treat. Going on further, we will tell you step by step how to root Galaxy J3 Pro and install custom recovery on it. Samsung Galaxy J3 Pro was launched back in June 2016. It came with Android 5.1 Lollipop without any promise of the software upgrade. So, with no hope of an official software upgrade, rooting Galaxy J3 Pro has come to the rescue. Once you root Galaxy J3 Pro and install TWRP custom recovery on it, you will be able to install any latest custom ROM on it.
To root, first, you need to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Galaxy J3 Pro. It’s an essential component of the whole rooting process. Without custom recovery, we cannot proceed any further. So, in this step by step guide, we will see how to install TWRP and then we will tell you how to root Galaxy J3 Pro. However, before we go any further it’s worth mentioning here that the bootloader on your Galaxy J3 Pro must be unlocked. If you wish to download and install TWRP custom recovery and root Galaxy J3 Pro, then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
This guide is exclusively for Samsung Galaxy J3 Pro SM-J330X. These instructions shouldn’t be used on any other smartphone, except Galaxy J3 Pro.
- Your device should be Samsung Galaxy J3 Pro SM-J330X.
- Make a proper backup of your contacts, messages, photos, videos, and other valuable data on your phone.
- Download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Make sure your mobile phone is charged up to 60% at least. Any unexpected shutdowns during the rooting process can damage your device permanently.
How to Root Galaxy J3 Pro and Install TWRP Custom Recovery On It
- First, download TWRP, SuperSU, and Odin on your PC.
- Transfer the SuperSU file to the root of the internal storage of your device.
- Extract the TWRP file to get the file with .tar extension and Odin flashing tool also to get the 10.7.exe file.
- Now turn off your Galaxy J3 Pro to boot it into download mode.
- Turn it on while pressing and holding Volume UP + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Once a warning screen with a yellow triangle sign appears, press the Volume Up button to enter into Download Mode.
- Run Odin as administrator on the PC.
- Connect the phone to the PC via a USB cable.
- Once the phone is successfully connected to the PC, you will see ID: COM port turn Blue on Odin, and you’ll see “Added!!” message.
- Click on the AP and look for the TWRP Custom Recovery file which you had already extracted in Step 3.
- Make sure that the Auto Reboot and Reset Time options are checked, and the Re-Partition option is unchecked.
- Now click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process.
- A PASS! message will flash on the Odin and your device will restart automatically.
- Now, remove the device from the PC and turn it off to reboot it into recovery mode.
- Turn ON the phone by pressing and holding the Volume Up + Home + Power buttons altogether to boot into the TWRP recovery.
- Tap the Install button in TWRP and select the –SuperSU-v2.82.zip.
- Swipe to start the installation. Once the installation completes, reboot the device.
That’s it! You have successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy J3 Pro and installed TWRP Recovery on it.