Last Updated on
Today we will tell you how to install TWRP Custom Recovery on Google Pixel 3/3XL. TWRP custom recovery is one of the most famous recoveries to have ever existed. Having installed this on your device gives you ultimate control over your smartphone. Though Google Pixel 3/3XL gives stock Android experience, there are many other things which require a custom recovery to be performed. For example, make Nandroid backups, install custom kernels, flashing custom ROMs, overclocking CPU frequencies, modify system partitions, and many more. So, in order to perform all these things you need to have a custom recovery installed on your Google Pixel 3/XL.
No matter how perfect a device is made, there’s always a room for improvisation. Android enthusiasts love to play with the OS and in order to enable them to do it, they need to have a custom recovery install in the first place. There’s no other better option than TWRP Custom Recovery. So, if you’re looking forward to flashing third-party packages, or modify system partitions then go on and see how to install TWRP Recovery on Google Pixel 3/3XL.
This guide is exclusively for Google Pixel 3/3XL. These instructions shouldn’t be used on any other smartphone, except Google Pixel 3/3XL.
- Make a proper backup of your contacts, messages, photos, videos, and other valuable data on your phone.
- Download and install Google Pixel 3/3XL USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Make sure your mobile phone is charged up to 60% at least. Any unexpected shutdowns during the flashing TWRP process can damage your device permanently.
- Unlock bootloader on Google Pixel 3/3XL. (You cannot install TWRP Custom Recovery with a locked bootloader on your Pixel 3/3XL).
- Install ADB and Fastboot System-Wide in Windows.
How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery on Google Pixel 3/3XL
- Download TWRP .img file from the links provided above, according to your device. Save the downloaded file somewhere on your PC from where you could find it later.
- Next, choose the Fastboot TWRP image. Copy/paste it to the same folder as ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Connect your Google Pixel 3/3XL to the PC using a USB Cable.
- Navigate to the ADB and Fastboot folder on your PC and within that folder open a CMD window. Now type this command to automatically rebooted into bootloader/fastboot mode on your phone: adb reboot bootloader
- Once your device is successfully rebooted into the bootloader mode, type in the following command: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img (Note: Change “twrp.img” with the name of your .img file)
- The above command will flash TWRP Custom Recovery on your device.
- Once the flashing process is completed, type in the following command in order to reboot the device: fastboot reboot
That’s it! You have successfully installed TWRP Custom Recovery on your Google Pixel 3/3XL.