Last Updated on
One of the features of Google Pixel 4 is a 90hz Display. Google has been boasting about it a lot. However, only recently they admitted that it comes with a feature called “Smooth display”. Now you must be wondering what does this Smooth display feature actually do? To prolong the battery life on your Google Pixel 4, Google has made a system that brings down your display refresh rate to 60hz when you are not looking at it or not doing anything important like scrolling a webpage, etc. A 90hz refresh rate speeds up animations and results in a simply more smooth experience overall. However, we have come to know that by default the refresh rate stays at 60hz and occasionally cranks up to 90hz. Some might not like this, but Google did this to save battery life. Anyhow, the search giant is courteous enough to give you an option through which you can always keep the 90hz refresh rate.
Following is the guide on how to keep Google Pixel 4 at 90hz rate all the time. If you are much worried about the battery life you get out of your Google Pixel 4 then you shouldn’t play with Force 90 Hz refresh rate Toggle. This option is provided in the Developer options of Google Pixel 4. So, first, you need to enable Developer options in your Google Pixel 4.
How to enable Developer options in Google Pixel 4
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Scroll down to About phone.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom of this page and rapidly tap on the Build Number.
- The device will now ask you to enter your device PIN to enable developer options.
Now that you have successfully enabled developer options, it’s time to see how you can keep your Google Pixel 4 display at 90hz all the time.
How to keep Google Pixel 4 at 90hz Refresh Rate All The Time
- Go to settings.
- Scroll down on here and find the option ‘System’ at the bottom of the page.
- A drop-down will be located here titled
- Here you will find ‘Developer options’.
- Locate the toggle titled Force 90 Hz refresh rate.
- Once found, turn the toggle on to Force 90 Hz refresh rate on your Google Pixel 4.
That’s it! Your Pixel 4’s display will constantly be on a 90 Hz refresh rate.