ICE (In case of Emergency) is a standard term used for the emergency contacts, on a mobile phone, which are to be contacted in case of any emergency like an accident or health issue. These contacts are pre-saved as ICE and paramedics & firemen are trained to search the mobile phone to find ICE contacts. But, nowadays where privacy is the biggest concern for everyone virtually every user keep the mobile phone secure by using passwords, lock patterns, pins, etc . on their lock-screen. Therefore, in case of any emergency the paramedics or anyone, who is available at that time, would not be able to search your mobile phone for ICE contacts. Today we will tell you How To Call Emergency Contacts With Locked Screen On Android Nougat.
A developer named Stewart Boling developed an app which creates an ICE entry directly to your Quick Settings tiles – a menu that’s accessible with a single swipe directly from your lock screen. QuickICE app could turn to be absolutely vital in case of any accident or medical emergency – God forbid. Apart from the importance of QuickICE in case of emergencies, you can also use this for more humble use. You can add your favorite contacts to your ICE list. This way you won’t have to leave the screen you were on to make a call to your favorite contact. Having said that, we suggest that you keep ICE contacts particular by adding ICE with the contact name, for instance, John (ICE). This will help the first responders distinguish between your favorite contacts and ICE contacts.
Note: This app will only work if your device is running Android Nougat or higher.
How To Call Emergency Contacts With Locked Screen On Android Nougat
- First of all, Install QuickICE directly from Google Play Store on your Android Phone.
- Next, launch the app from your app drawer. On the first launch, you will be greeted with a simple setup guide.
- To be able to make phone calls, QuickICE would require access to your contacts list. Therefore, tap on the arrow at the bottom right of the screen. then press Allow when prompted.
- Now that you have granted all the required permissions, next tap the circular button in the bottom right corner of the app and then select Import From Contacts. Here, simply select the contacts you wish to add as In case of Emergency (ICE) contacts.
- To add the QuickICE settings tile swipe down twice from the top of your screen and then press the pencil-shaped edit button.
- From the list of quick settings tiles find the tile labeled “ICE”. Now, press and hold this tile and drag it up to the list of active quick settings.
That’s it! Now your emergency contacts can be accessed with locked screen. All you have to do is to swipe down to access quick settings tiles and then tap on QuickICE icon. Now you know how to call emergency contacts with a locked screen on Android Nougat.