We have been changing boot animation on our windows pc since the launch of Windows 98. In fact, there are guides on the internet which tell you to even change the boot animation on Windows 95. Anyhow, since Android Tutorial is a blog dedicated to Android only, therefore, we are not going to get into the nitty-gritty of how to change boot animations on Window PC. However, today we will tell you how to customize boot animation on an Android device. Boot Animation is the small startup animation which plays while your Android Device is booting up. In most cases, it’s the Animated company logo which shown during the booting process.
Since the Android is known for its customizability then why not customize boot animation. By using our guide, you can choose and apply from a variety of 1000s of boot animations available on the internet. You need to have a rooted device in order to customize boot animation of an Android Device.
How to Customize Boot Animation on an Android Device
- First of all, install a file explorer which manages root rights of files and folders. Root Explorer or Root Browser works very well, for example, but others are also suitable.
- Now launch the file explorer and go to the root of your device. Locate the System directory and go to the Permissions menu by a long press on the folder.
- Here, depending on the application you will see 9 boxes, sorted by “Read” or “-r”, “Write” or “-wr” and “Execute” or “-x”.
- Make sure to give all the read, write, and execute Permissions to the folder.
- Once all the Permissions are granted head back to the System directory. And then open Media or Multimedia
- Here you will find the file zip, or in case of Samsung bootsamsung.qmg. This holds your boot animation. First, rename the file to bootanimation.zip1 or bootsamsung.qmg1 so you don’t lose your original boot animation.
- Now all you have to do is find your desired bootanimation and place that file in Media or Multimedia folder. The file name should be bootanimation.zip or bootsamsung.qmg in case of Samsung.
- Reboot your device feast your eyes with the customized boot animation.
You can also Customize Boot Animation of an Android device by using apps like Boot Animations for Superuser.