Recently Lineage OS announced the replacement of AOSP browser with Jelly Browser in all Lineage OS builds. Lineage OS is the successor to the highly popular custom ROM CyanogenMod, the ROM is very successful amongst the Android Community. A senior XDA member, mayanxoni, built a standalone APK for Jelly Browser for those who don’t like to update or switch ROMs. The browser is very well tweaked and aimed to work fast on low-end Android devices. So, if you are looking for a browser that works fast on a low-end Android device than Jelly Browser if for you. Jelly Browser features chrome-like tabs in the recents menu, check below the features list.
Features of New Jelly Browser:
- Chrome – like tabs in recents menu.
- More secure than AOSP based.
- Based on the system webview.
- New homepage – DuckDuckGo.
- New UI
You can download new Jelly Browser APK from our website.
Download New Jelly Browser APK for Android
- Download New Jelly Browser APK for Android.
- Copy the downloaded APK on your Android device.
- To install APK files from other sources you will have to go to Setting >> Security >> Allow Unknown Sources. Once you check this option you will be able to install the files.
- Tap the downloaded APK to initiate the installation process
- After completion, run Jelly Browser from App Drawer.
The XDA member, mayanxoni, is determined to push every new update as soon as the developers of LineageOS update the app.