Samsung recently unveiled their flagship model Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus in an event which took place in London and New York simultaneously. Both the devices are set to be shipped on 21st April 2017. And we are pretty sure that as soon as you will get your hands on either of the devices, the first thing you will do is root Galaxy S8 or S8 Plus. Because Android power user is never satisfied with the stock restrictions and they always want to push their devices to the limit. In the process of mingling with your Galaxy S8/S8 Plus, you will get stuck in situations where the only solution will be to factory reset Samsung Galaxy / S8 Plus.
Like there are things to consider when you root Galaxy S8/S8 Plus same way while factory resetting Galaxy S8/S8 Plus there certain things that you should keep in mind. Factory resetting your Galaxy S8/S8 Plus will wipe off everything stored on your device. Use of this option will delete everything stored on your Internal Storage along with Apps and their data. This option comes in handy if you are stuck with a situation where there is no way out. Moreover, you can also factory reset your Galaxy S8/S8 Plus if you feel that the performance is deteriorating.
Before opting for factory reset, make sure that you remember login credentials of your Google Account. Since factory resetting your Galaxy S8/S8 Plus will erase everything including your Google Account. After factory reset, of course, you will have to login with your Google Account again to get all the data back. Anyhow, you can factory reset Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus by following two methods mentioned below.
Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus using Settings
- Go to Settings Application from App Drawer of your Galaxy S8/S8 Plus
- Within Setting, tap on “Reset”.
- Now here tap on “Factory Data Reset”.
- Before tapping on “Reset Device” on the next page, read the instructions carefully.
- It will ask for your Password/Fingerprint/Pin, whatever you have selected, after that your device will be wiped. All data will be erased.
Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus using Recovery
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S8/S8 Plus.
- Now turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Up + Power Button.
- As soon as the screen turns on, release the Power Button while keeping Volume Up button pressed.
- Now your phone is in recovery mode. You will see a list of things you can do in recovery mode.
- Here navigate to “Wipe Factory Data” and then press the power button to make the selection.
- Now press on Yes, this will factory reset your Galaxy S8/S8 Plus.