Face Unlock is one of the most popular features of OnePlus 5T. The feature got so popular that OnePlus decided to bring this feature to the OnePlus 5 via an update. Good news is that the update is already rolled out via OTA for OnePlus 5 and people have started receiving it already. The ones who have received the update have started using Face unlock feature for OnePlus 5 devices. The users of OnePlus 3/3T need not worry as OnePlus has promised to roll out this feature for the older OnePlus 3/3T as well. There are mixed reviews by the users who have received the update on their OnePlus 5. Some, are saying that the Face unlock is working like a charm. On the other hand, some people are facing some delays, in unlocking, in low light conditions.
However, the main problem is that some users didn’t get Face Unlock Feature for OnePlus 5 even after updating. If you are facing the same problem, then we might have a fix for your problem. Follow the below steps if Face Unlock Feature for OnePlus 5 is not working even after updating to Android Oreo.
How To Get Face Unlock Feature for OnePlus 5 After Update
- First of all, make sure that your OnePlus 5 is successfully updated to the latest OS.
- Now turn off your device.
- Turn the device ON by Pressing and holding volume down + Power button. This step will boot your phone in Simple Recovery.
- Select Language.
- Here go to the “Wipe Cache Partition” and select it by pressing Power Button.
- You should get the message that says “Cache wipe complete.”
That’s it! Now you should get Face Unlock Feature for OnePlus 5.