If you have recently purchased a Galaxy S9/S9+ from a mobile carrier than you must be wondering why can’t make hotspot or edit APN Settings. Well, the bad news is that carrier locked phones are stripped of its inbuilt network sharing feature. It simply means the carriers don’t want you to share your data plan with others unless you pay them extra money. Even though you cannot create a native hotspot to share the mobile internet with your own other devices. The mobile carriers lock the devices to their own network too, which means locking the users out of the APN settings as well. However, if you have a carrier locked Galaxy S9/S9+ and want to enable native hotspot or edit APN settings then you are in the right place. In this Android Tutorial, we are going to tell you How To Enable Hotspot On Carrier Locked Galaxy S9/S9+.
Both enabling hotspot and ability to edit APN Settings can be achieved by an app which goes by the name of “Shortcut Master Lite”. The Shortcut Master Lite is a free version of Shortcut Master, an app that reveals any hidden shortcuts or secret codes on your Android device. Leave Shortcut Master aside, all we need is Shortcut Master Lite and the guide below to enable hotspot on carrier locked Galaxy S9/S9+. Therefore, heed instruction given in below guide and share your mobile data with your other devices without any problem. Also, note that this procedure is safe and won’t void your warranty as there is not root involve in this. So, proceed without any hesitation. In worst case scenario, you won’t be able to enable hotspot on your Galaxy S9/S9+. Other than that no harm can be done.
Before we go to the guide on how to enable hotspot, first we need to see how to edit APN settings on Carrier locked Galaxy S9/S9+.
How to Edit APN Settings on Carrier Locked Galaxy S9/S9+
- Download and install Shortcut Master Lite.
- Launch Shortcut Master Lite.
- Click on the three-dot menu button in the top-right corner.
- Select App Explorer and wait as it could take a couple seconds to load.
- Now keep scrolling until you find the option test.LTEfunctionality. Select it, and then select the item labeled as LTEFunctionalityTest.
- Select Launch from the menu that appears.
- Now again scroll down to the menu and select LTE APN Setting.
- Then select the APN Setting that you want to edit. You can also add your own by tapping Add instead.
- Once you’re done, tap on the three-dot menu button again, select Save and exit the app.
How to Enable Hotspot on Carrier Locked Galaxy S9/S9+
- Select your carrier’s APN in Step 5 above.
- Scroll down and select APN Type.
- Add DUN to the setting to that it reads as default,mms, DUN.
- Save the settings by tapping the menu button and selecting Save.
- Exit the app and you are done.
Now you can enable hotspot on your Carrier locked Galaxy S9/S9+.