Android 7.1.2 Nougat is now available for Xiaomi Mi 6 via AICP OS custom ROM. The AICP (Android Ice Cod Project) is one of the best custom ROMs available in the market. What distinguishes AICP Custom ROM from others is that it has incorporated all the best features of other custom ROMs like CM, Lineage, Slim, Omni AOSPA, etc. With our guide, you can easily install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Mi 6 via AICP custom ROM. This awesome custom ROM comes with tons of new features. AICP custom ROM also comes with a lot of customization options, therefore, after updating your Mi6 to Android 7.1.2 Nougat you won’t be short on customization options. This is a stable build so you can use it as your daily driver.
This is a custom ROM and not officially announced by Xiaomi, so it means you need to have a rooted device and CWM or TWRP custom recovery must be installed on your Mi 6. Now, if you are ready to install AICP Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi 6 then follow our step by step guide carefully.
However before proceeding please take note that this guide is only meant to be used on Xiaomi Mi 6. Please don’t try it on any other model/variant.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your device must be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery must be installed.
- The bootloader on Mi 6 must be unlocked.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download Xiaomi Mi 6 USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Install AICPAndroid 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi 6
We have tried to keep to very simple, for that reason we have put the guide step by step. You just need to follow every step carefully.
- Download AICP Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM and GAPPS for Mi 6 on your computer.
- Connect your Mi 6 with the computer using USB cable.
- Copy/Paste Android 7.1.2 Custom ROM.zip and Gapps.zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect the USB Cable.
- Now, press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons together to enter the recovery mode.
- Then in recovery mode perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe Data/factory reset. Use volume rockers for navigation and power button for option selection.
- Now, go to Advanced Option and clear the cache by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- After performing Step 6 and 7, navigate back to the main recovery mode screen and select install zip from SD card.
- Now choose Android 7.1.2 Custom ROM zip file, which you copied to your SD Card, and start the installation process.
- Repeat the same process for installing GAPPS after you are done with Step 9.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes.
That’s it! Now you know How to Install ACIP Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi 6.