Samsung’s Note 7 might have been an explosive release, but there is no doubt that it had some awesome features. DaMu’Z ROM is a custom firmware with almost all the features of Note 7 with extra customizability, stability and no explosive surprises. Using this custom ROM you will be able to update your T-Mobile Galaxy S6 G920T to Android 6.0.1 DaMu’Z Marshmallow. It would be better if your device has been rooted and also has a custom recovery installed. The custom recovery system will be required to install the Android 6.0.1 based DaMu’Z ROM zip file because this is an unofficial update.
It doesn’t matter if it is your first time or hundredth time installing a custom ROM, you would want it to go as smoothly as possible. So before you began the installation process of the DaMu’Z ROM, we recommend that you back up all your data. During the installation process all your data deleted and you basically have a new phone. You can back up your data using any tool that suites you.
We have compiled a step-by-step guide on how to install the Android 6.0.1 DaMu’Z Marshmallow on your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6. Some of might already have some experience with installing custom ROM on Galaxy S6, this will be no different for then.
- You need to have a custom recovery installed to be able to install DaMu’Z ROM.
- The steps given below are only for T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 G920T, if you are using any other version, then this tutorial isn’t for you.
- Make sure all your backed up because this process will wipe all your data off the device.
- TWRP Recovery will be used for the process.
- Do a Dalvik Cache wipe before exiting from Recovery Mode.
- Click Here, to download the Android DaMu’Z ROM for Samsung Galaxy S6 on your computer.
- Connect your Galaxy S6 to your computer using a USB cable.
- Move the downloaded DaMu’Z ROM zip file to phone memory root(not in any folder).
- Disconnect your device from the computer and power it OFF.
- Now boot your device in Recovery Mode. Power ON the device by pressing and holding the volume up key + power button + home button simultaneously.
- Once you get in perform a data wipe by tapping on the “Wipe” button and confirm the process.
- Now tap on the “Install” button on the main menu, find the zip file you copied earlier and confirm the flashing by swiping on “Swipe to Confirm Flash”.
- Return to the main recovery menu and reboot your device in the new Custom ROM by selecting “Reboot System”. The first boot will take about 5 to 8 minutes, so you will have to be a bit patient.
You are good to go, your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S6 G920T has been updated with the latest Android 6.0.1 DaMu’Z Marshmallow. You can check for yourself simply by going to Setting >> About Phone.