Google has started rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo update for Nexus and Pixel devices and it will make your Android device faster, smarter and more powerful than ever. If you own a Nexus or Pixel device and are still waiting for the Android 8.0 OTA update then we have something good for you. You can now install the latest Android 8.0 update manually by following our Android tutorial. Currently, the Android 8.0 update is only available for Nexus and Pixel devices so if you own one then its time to proceed further.
- Make sure to create a complete backup of your important data including photos, videos and documents.
- Download and install the latest USB drivers on your computer.
- Make sure ADB / Fastboot is fully configured.
- The bootloader should be unlocked.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Android device. You can enable USB debugging by going to Settings > Applications > Developer Options and from here enable the USB debugging.
- Make sure your device has more than 70 percent battery charged.
How to install Android 8.0 Oreo on Nexus and Pixel devices:
Download Android 8.0 Oreo OPR6 factory image from here.
Now connect your phone to PC using USB cable and turn it off.
Now restart the device in Fastboot mode. In order to access Fastboot mode, press and hold Volume Down and then press and hold Volume key.
Now extract the downloaded file in any folder anywhere on your PC. Go to _OPR6_folder and copy/paste all files to your Fastboot directory.
Now, it’s time to flash factory image to your device. Open the folder containing the extracted files and type cmd in the address bar and press enter.
Now type following commands:
Windows: Run flash-all.bat
On Mac: Run flash-all.sh using Terminal
Linux: Run flash-all.sh
That’s it. You have successfully installed Android 8.0 Oreo update on your Android device. If you have any question do let us know in the comments.