Moto X4 started receiving official Android 8.0 Oreo update last week via OTA update. It means that all the users weren’t going to get the update at the same time. Many of you still might not have received the Android 8.0 Oreo update on Moto X4. Anyhow, we have a good news for those who haven’t received the update yet, now you can update your Moto X4 to Android 8.0 Oreo manually. So, you don’t have to wait anymore for OTA update of Android 8.0 Oreo. Below is the complete guide on how to install Android 8.0 Oreo update on Moto X4.
This latest official update comes with build number OPW27.57-40 along with the latest December 1st, 2017 Security Patch. The update will bring all the new features of Android 8.0 Oreo to Moto X4. The most notable features are Picture In Picture mode, Notification timeout, New Emojis, Rootless Andromeda support, faster booting, new Settings, Quick-Settings UI, Adaptive icons, Autofill, and Night Mode.
To enjoy all these amazing features you don’t have to wait for OTA update. Follow our guide and install Android 8.0 Oreo update on Moto X4.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Moto X4 drivers on your PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How To Install Android 8.0 Oreo Update on Moto X4
- Download Moto X4 Android 8.0 Oreo OTA file from the link given above. Transfer the downloaded file to the root of your internal storage.
- Now boot your Moto X4 into recovery mode. To do so, first, you will have to boot your Moto Z in download mode by using Power + Volume Down button. Now you will see “No Command”. Here hold Power + Volume Up and select the recovery option.
- Now in Recovery select option apply update from sd card.
- Now select the OTA zip file you transferred in Step 1.
- This will initiate the installation process. Wait for the installation to finish. Once finished, simply reboot your Moto Z.
That’s it! You’re now updated to Android 8.0 Oreo official firmware.