It’s been quite a while now since Galaxy S8/S8+ has made to the market. And millions of users are enjoying the experience of these flagship devices. Galaxy S8/S8+ features Infinity Display which is also called never ending display. The screen gives the illusion that it is never ending and pouring outside the device. Galaxy S8/S8+ also features a beastly Octa-core processor with 4GB of RAM and a powerful 3000mAH battery. Anyhow, despite these marvelous specs, there is a little thing called CSC file which is very important for any device. It’s important to have right CSC file on your Galaxy S8/S8+ for your provider. If you don’t have the right CSC file installed on your Galaxy S8/S8+ then you cannot distinguish features which come with your carrier. Today in this tutorial we will tell you How to Install Right CSC File On Galaxy S8/S8+.
CSC stands for Country Specific Code, every Android device you buy has different CSC according to the country, region and your mobile carrier. It means CSC can differ carrier wise in the same country. Often users don’t know the value of having right CSC file on your device. If you don’t have right CSC file on your device then you won’t be able to enjoy CSC features, wallpapers, Wi-Fi calling, VoLTE, sounds etc provided by your carrier. Therefore, make sure you have the right CSC file on your Galaxy S8/S8+ and we are going to help you find the right CSC code for your Galaxy S8/S8+.
A senior XDA member, Tkkg1994, has provided a Flashable CSC Selection V1.0.0 file through which you can select right CSC for your Galaxy S8/S8+. To flash CSC selection you need to have a stock ROM installed on Galaxy S8/S8+ and the device must be rooted and TWRP must be installed.
Without any further ado, let’s jump straight to the guide on how to install right CSC file on Galaxy S8/S8+.
- Your Galaxy S8/S8+ must be rooted and twrp must be installed. (How to root Galaxy S8/S8+ | How to install TWRP on Galaxy S8/S8+)
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Latest Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ USB drivers on your Windows PC or MAC.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Install Right CSC File On Galaxy S8/S8+
- Download CSC File for Galaxy S8/S8+ from above link.
- Connect your Galaxy S8/S8+ with PC via USB cable and copy/paste the downloaded CSC selection file on your device.
- Now to turn off the device completely and disconnect the USB cable.
- Now get into recovery mode. To do so press and hold the Bixby and Volume Up button and then press the Power Once the phone turned on, leave the Power button and keep the Bixby and Volume Up button pressed. Let go every button once you see the blue screen with Android logo.
- Tap on Install from TWRP main menu and select the CSC file. Once selected, Swipe to initiate the installation process.
- Reboot your Galaxy S8/S8+, once installation is completed.
That’s it! CSC Selection File is successfully flashed on your Galaxy S8/S8+.
If something goes wrong with your CSC Selection then you will have to restore EFS-Backup which is created during the installation of CSC by the installer. So, don’t have to worry, just follow below steps to restore the EFS-Backup on your Galaxy S8/S8+.
How To Restore EFS-Backup on Galaxy S8/S8+
- Boot Galaxy S8/S8+ into TWRP Mode (Recovery Mode).
- Make sure EFS Partition is mounted.
- Now Tap on Advanced from the main menu of TWRP then Tap on Terminal and type in the following code.
- dd if=/data/media/0/EFSBackup/efs.img of=/dev/block/sda3 bs=4096
- Wait until it’s finished.
- And that’s it. Your previous EFS has been restored.