HTC 10 has started receiving Android 8.0 Oreo update in the United States for the unlocked variants. Many users have reported that they have received the Android 8.0 Ore update via OTA. This update came with build number 3.16.617.2. A lot of exploits and vulnerabilities are addressed in this latest firmware update. Many system enhancements are also made along with improved securities. HTC is going through some rough times but still, they made sure that their users get the timely update of Android 8.0 Oreo. It’s released in the United States which means it will be released worldwide as well within a week or so.
This update is being pushed via OTA, therefore, it means all the users are not going to get updated at once. Therefore, if you haven’t received the Android 8.0 Oreo update yet, then either you can sit back and wait for it to arrive. Or you can take matters into your own hand and use our guide to manually update HTC 10 to Android 8.0 Oreo 3.16.617.2. You can download RUU package for HTC 10 and update your device manually.
So, if you don’t want to wait, and update your HTC 10 right now then keep on reading the post.
This RUU file is for US Region, therefore please don’t try it on phone of any other region.
The RUU update weight around 1.82 GB in size.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install USB drivers for HTC 10 on your PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdowns during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Manually Update HTC 10 to Android 8.0 Oreo 3.16.617.2
- Go to device Settings > System Updates > HTC Software Update.
- Tap Check Now.
- Tap on Download if the download is available.
- Install after the update is downloaded.
How to Update HTC 10 to Android 8.0 Oreo 3.16.617.2 [RUU PACKAGE FILE]
We have tried to keep it very simple, hence we have put the guide step by step. So, you just need to follow every step carefully.
- Download RUU package for HTC 10 from the above-given link.
- Connect your HTC 10 with your computer using a USB cable.
- Copy/Paste downloaded RUU package on your PC.
- Now simply double-click the downloaded .exe file.
- The update wizard will open on your computer screen. It will warn you about losing data and information. Simply tick the box and click
- Next screen will ask you again to verify that you want to update the ROM. If you are sure, click
That’s it! After the flashing is complete reboot your HTC 10, the first reboot can take 5 to 10 minutes so please be patient.