If you want to play YouTube videos with your mobile screen off then you are in the right place. Here we will guide you that How to Play YouTube videos in the background with screen off. This can be achieved with modded APK of YouTube developed by Master_T. You can also subscribe for YouTube Red for this purpose, but if you don’t want to spend money then this is the option. To work with this modded YouTube APK you need to have Xposed Framework Installed on your device. Unfortunately, Xposed is not available for Android 7.0 Nougat users. Anyhow, for non-nougat users, you will need a rooted device and a root-enabled file browser of your choice.
How to Play YouTube Videos in Background With Screen Off
- First of all, uninstall the Old YouTube App.
- Now comes a little tricky part. Downloading Modded YouTube APK. Actually, there are three versions depending on your processor type. So if you don’t already know whether your phone uses ARM, ARM64, or x86. Download a small application named Droid Hardware Info and know your process type. Based on your processor type choose the file to download.
- Open your root-enabled file browser and head to the Download folder. From here copy the downloaded YouTube APK and paste the file in /system/app.
- Now in /sytem/app navigate to the YouTube APK file. Long-press the file, then navigate to the context menu of your file browser and select Permissions from the menu.
- After that, make sure that the Owner category is set to Read and Write, while all other categories are set to just Read.
- After copying and setting the permissions just restart your phone. After your phone is up you will see the YouTube app sitting in your app drawer like any normal app.
That’s it. Now you will be able to listen to music on YouTube with screen off.