Mobile phones have come a long way in terms of advancement in hardware and software. However, when it comes to call recording OEMs seem to abandon this feature entirely. Users are left to use third-party apps in order to gain the ability of voice recording. Be it Samsung or LG or Apple or any other major mobile manufacturer, you will find the feature of call recording missing. It’s not because that these mobile phones don’t have the hardware to carry out such function. These OEMs deliberately leave this feature out and doesn’t include it in the OS. We have written guides in the past on how to enable call recording on Galaxy S8/S8+, OnePlus 3, 3T and OnePlus 5 and Huawei P10 Plus. Today we will tell you how to enable call recording on Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro.
This feature is not included by default by OEMs because it comes with many complications. For example, in some countries, it could be okay to record a call. However, in some countries, it could be a serious offense and can result in grave consequences. So, before you enable call recording on Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro kindly make yourself aware of your local laws in this regard.
Now let’s jump straight to the guide on how to enable call recording on Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro.
- Your Huawei Mate 10 or Mate 10 Pro must be rooted and TWRP (Custom Recovery) must installed.
- Make sure that your device is charged up to 70% to avoid shutdowns.
- Make a complete backup of your device before proceeding.
- Most importantly, uninstall any previously installed call recorders.
- Any root file explorer must be installed on your device.
How to Enable Call Recording on Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro
- Download HwCallRecorder.zip file from the link given above.
- Extract the zip file to get the folder “HwCallRecorder”. Move this folder to your device.
- Now open the root file explorer (MiXplorer) and grant root access if necessary. Copy the HwCallRecorder folder to the /system/app path of your device’s root folder.
- Set proper permissions to the folder and the subfolders inside it exactly as shown in the below screenshots.
- Now launch the phone app and Tap on the Menu icon at the bottom right corner of the dialer and select Settings.
- In Settings look for Automatic Call Recorder option and enable it.
- On the same screen, you will see Automatic Recording Settings Tap on it and select the numbers for which you want to record call every time. You can also select “All Calls” options, which means every call on your phone will be recorded.
To listen to the record calls, go to Phone App > Tap on the Menu icon at the bottom right corner > Click on ‘Call Records’.
This is how to enable call recording on Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro.