Warning: tempnam(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/admin/web/androidtutorial.net/public_html:/home/admin/tmp) in /home/admin/web/androidtutorial.net/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-appbox/inc/getappinfo.class.php on line 433
Warning: unlink(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File() is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/admin/web/androidtutorial.net/public_html:/home/admin/tmp) in /home/admin/web/androidtutorial.net/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-appbox/inc/getappinfo.class.php on line 459
In this Android Tutorial, we are going to tell you How to Record WhatsApp Calls on Android and iPhone. Recording a call on WhatsApp be it audio or video has never been an official feature of this messenger. And we don’t think that anywhere in near future WhatsApp intends to provide this as a built-in feature. There could be many reasons behind this decision of not provided call recording as an official built-in feature. However, the far most relevant reason which comes to mind is Privacy. Many countries forbid this act by law as there is a major concern of surveillance and misuse with call recordings. Anyhow, sometimes it’s necessary for you to be able to record the call. So, we decided to pen-down some workarounds through which you can record WhatsApp Calls on Android and iPhone.
Note: We at Android Tutorial discourage this act and advise you not to record the call unless and until it’s absolutely and necessary and it’s required for your own safety. Otherwise, You should take informed consent from the callee prior to the recording.
How to Record WhatsApp Calls on Android and iPhone
Since Android and iPhone belong to two different universes, therefore, WhatsApp call recording method for both Android and iOS are different. We have divided the guide into two parts. First, we are going to tell you about WhatsApp call recording on Android Phones. And in the second part, you will see how to achieve this on the iPhone.
Record WhatsApp Calls on Android
WhatsApp call recording doesn’t work on every Android Device. Here’s an updated list of devices which have VoIP call recording enabled. If your device is listed then you are good to go. Anyhow, if you want to go through the list then go on try it yourself that whether WhatsApp Call recording work on your smartphone or not. We are going to do this by using a WhatsApp call recorder app called ‘Cube Call Recorder ACR’.
- Install Cube Call Recorder ACR directly from Google Play Store and launch it on your Android Device. Grant all the necessary permissions.
- Now, open WhatsApp and make a call, a widget should appear on your screen indicating that it’s recording your WhatsApp call. If the widget doesn’t appear then manually tap on the microphone icon in the Cube Recorder app. It will start recording your call thereafter.
- In some cases, the recording saved on your device won’t have any audio from the other side. To fix this issue, tap on the hamburger menu and open “Recording”.Change VoIP recording audio source to Microphone. Note that it will turn on the loudspeaker as well.
That’s it! This is how you can record a WhatsApp call on an Android device. This WhatsApp call recorder app can also be used to record cellular calls. You can give it a try.
Record WhatsApp Calls on iPhone
Apple takes the privacy of its users very seriously, therefore, recording a WhatsApp call on iPhone won’t be as simple as it was on Android. It’s a little bit complicated procedure and requires a Mac, an iPhone, and a secondary smartphone with WhatsApp account. The secondary phone could be Android or iPhone it doesn’t matter. Let’s dive into the guide and see how can you record a WhatsApp call on iPhone with the help of MAC and a secondary phone.
- Connect your iPhone to MAC and grant necessary permissions. Now, open QuickTime and click on the File menu. Here, choose “New Audio Recording”, select your iPhone as the source, and click on the record button.
- Now, from your iPhone which is connected to the MAC, make a WhatsApp call to your secondary device. Once connected, use the WhatsApp’s group calling feature to add the person you want to talk to.
- Continue the conversation using the secondary device. After you are done with the conversation, stop the recording on QuickTime and save it on your Mac.
You now know how to record WhatsApp call on both Android and iOS. We will again press that please use this workaround to record WhatsApp calls responsibly and within the bounds of the law.