Loapi is malware is the latest nightmare for Android users. This malware is capable of mining the Monero cryptocurrency, display advertisements to users, automatically subscribing the user to paid services and participating in DDoS attacks. Loapi malware is usually distributed via advertising campaigns of fake Antivirus and pornographic apps. Once the user falls prey to such an app and installs it on their Android device, the things start to get messy.
Right after installation, the malware asks the user to grant administrator permissions in a loop until the permissions are granted. Once the permissions are granted the app will either hide from the app drawer or will sit there as a legitimate app while downing all the damage. Therefore, it’s important to know how to remove Loapi malware from Android Device since if you are already infected by Loapi malware then you won’t be able to revoke administrative privileges as the malware crashes the device manager as soon as you try to change the permissions.
So, if your device is infected and you have no idea how to remove Loapi Malware. Then you are in the right place. Just follow steps carefully and remove the notorious malware from your Android device within no time.
How to Remove Loapi Malware/Virus from Android Device
To get rid of this malware you need to boot your device into Safe Mode. As in Safe mode only the essential operating system loads. Therefore, you can easily check out all the apps you recently downloaded and installed and then uninstall the suspicious ones.
- First of all, boot your device into safe mode. This process may differ phone to phone, however, the procedure for most of the Android devices is same. Simply bring up the power menu and long-press the “Power Off” button, then the prompt will ask you if you’d like to boot into Safe Mode. Press “OK” on this popup. Your phone will now automatically boot into safe mode.
- Once your device is in Safe Mode, head towards Settings >> Applications >> Downloaded. In the Downloaded section, you will be able to see all the apps you have downloaded and installed.
- Now start searching for the suspicious apps. Tap on the app name and then tap on “Uninstall” in the subsequent window.
- If the Uninstall button is greyed out chances are that the malicious app has given itself Device administrator status. Now head back to the Settings Menu and go to Security >> Device Administrators. Here you’ll find a list of any apps on your phone or tablet with administrator status.
- Simply untick the box for the app you want to remove, then tap Deactivate on the next screen.
- You should now be able to Uninstall the app easily.
Now you know how to remove Loapi Malware from your Android Device.