Got yourself stuck in bootloop? Don’t worry, here’s a complete guide on How to Restore OnePlus 6 to Stock Oxygen OS. When you get stuck in bootloop, there are very limited options through which you can bring your device back. Flashing/Installing the stock ROM is one of them, and probably the easiest and practical one. OnePlus 6 was launched with stellar specs and nearly everyone would have tried to root the beast and install custom ROMs on it. Though the stock Oxygen OS is extremely fast and fluent power users still want to root OnePlus 6 and try different ROMs on it.
OnePlus 6 is Project Treble compatible device which means it comes with the complexity of dual slot. If you are already not aware of the dual slot and Project Treble than here is a brief rundown: Project Treble ensures seamless updates for your device. Meaning, when you can keep on using the device while your devices are being updated. To achieve this, Project Treble requires the device to have two slots (boot_a, boot_b, system_a, system_b, and so on) for almost every partition except the data partition. When you download an update, it gets installed on one slot while you can keep using your device with the active slot. The next time you boot your device, it gets booted with the updated version. It’s very convenient, but at the same time, it increases the risk of bootloop.
An XDA member mauronofrio has created multiple fastboot ROMs for the OnePlus 6. If you get stuck in bootloop on your OnePlus 6 you can easily restore OnePlus 6 to Stock Oxygen OS by using one of these fastboot ROMs.
- A OnePlus 6 with unlocked Bootloader.
- A PC with ADB and Fastboot Setup.
- Download and install Latest OnePlus 6 USB drivers on your Windows PC
How to Restore OnePlus 6 to Stock Oxygen OS
- Download any of the Fastboot ROMs given in the downloads section. However, at this very moment OnePlus6Oxygen_22_OTA_012_all_1806140300_e4bacf-FASTBOOT.zipis the latest one.
- Extract the downloaded zip into a folder on your computer.
- Now it’s time to boot your OnePlus 6 into fastboot mode. To do so, first power it off completely. Now press and hold the Power and Volume Up buttons at the same time until you see some text on the screen.
- Once your device is in fastboot mode, connect it to the PC via a USB Cable. Always use OEM provided or high-quality USB cables. A cheap USB cable could damage your device.
- Now simply go to the folder where you extracted the downloaded zip file and double-click on the flash-all.bat file. That’s it! The Windows will detect your device and flash the ROM on it.
This is How to Restore OnePlus 6 to Stock Oxygen OS.