WhatsApp messenger is one of the most popular Android application and people use it to send pictures and media files but there are some file formats which WhatsApp messenger currently doesn’t support. There are other messengers in the market which allows you to share any file under a certain limit but that’s not the case with WhatsApp messenger. WhatsApp only allows you to share media files and documents but now there is a solution, you can use Steg to share unsupported file format via WhatsApp.
Steg is an app developed by LordFME, an XDA member. Steg allows you to encode a file into a PDF file which is a supported file format on WhatsApp. Once shared, the other person needs to decode it using Steg and can view the file right from within WhatsApp. Steg is a free to use application and if you are interested and want to share your favorite files via WhatsApp then it’s time to download Steg.
How to share any file format through WhatsApp:
- First of all, Download Steg APK for your device.
- Once downloaded, place it on your Android device.
- Now go to settings and tap on ‘Unknown Sources’.
- Now use any file explorer and tap on the APK file to start the installation process.
- Once installed, select the file you wish to share. Long tap on it and select share and choose ‘Steg’ from the list of apps.
- Once selected, tap on the encode button. Once encoded, select ‘share encoded file’.
- Now, send the encoded file on WhatsApp to anyone from your contact list. For accessing the file, the other party must have Steg installed as well.
- When the other party receive the file, the receiver has to tap on ‘Decode’ and then open decoded file.
That’s it. If you have any question or stuck at any point do let us know in the comments.