Last year, Google released a new, highly ambitious, and powerful tablet named the Pixel C. The tablet evolves straight from Nexus line-up. That means that the tablet ran vanilla Android. The tablet’s main focus were the consumers who always want the latest and the greatest from their device; in short, it proved to be a major success. The success was due to Google’s dedication that was put into creating the Pixel C as well as the specs.
Considering how the Pixel C is pretty much an evolved Nexus, the method of unlocking the bootloader is the same as the one you use on any other Nexus device. All you need is some basic knowledge of how ADB works and you are good to go.
For consumers who are willing to unlock the bootloader of their device, we have penned down a handy guide that will help you unlock the bootloader of your device without any hassle. Simply follow the easy steps and you will have the bootloader of your Pixel C tablet unlocked in no time.
Note: Unlocking the bootloader will wipe your entire internal storage; it is important that you back up the storage before proceeding.
Unlock Bootloader on Google Pixel C
- Download and install the ADB installer from here.
- Now go to Settings > About Tablet > Tap the build number 7 times in order to enable Developer options.
- Go back to Settings > Developer options and enable USB debugging as well as OEM unlocking option.
- Connect your Pixel C to the computer.
- Now open a command prompt and type in the following command if your tablet asks for a prompt, allow it:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your device reboots into the bootloader mode, type in the following command to initiate the unlocking process:
fastboot oem unlock
- You’ll get a message on your Pixel C asking for a confirmation, use the volume up key to navigate to “Yes” and then the power button to confirm. The process will be done in a few minutes.
- Once the bootloader is unlocked, your tablet will come back in the bootloader. You can press the power button to reboot it to system are execute the following command:
Congratulations, you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Google Pixel C, you can now flash custom recovery. The comprehensive guide to flash a recovery onto your Google Pixel C can be found here.