Immersive mode is a feature which was introduced in Android 4.0 KitKat for certain apps but it never came to the priority of OEMs and Google. This tutorial is about How to enable Immersive Mode for all Android Apps – Without Root or App. Immersive mode got so popular because it gave the extra inch to users they wanted. Immersive mode simply hides the status bar and navigation bar when they are not in use. This way, user experience increases because of fewer distractions. Before, enabling Immersive mode for all Android apps was not that easy. Users used to root their Android devices to apply hacks. Sometimes, users had to even buy apps to just enable the Immersive Mode for all Android Apps.
But thanks to Rashad83 of XDA, it’s now possible to enable Immersive Mode for all Android Apps without root. With a couple of ADB commands you enable Immersive Mode on any Android Device. This procedure shall work with any Android Device running on Android 4.0 or above. This procedure is tested on Galaxy S8/S8+, Galaxy S7/S7 Edge, Galaxy S6/S6 Edge, OnePlus 3/3T, and Moto G4 Plus. However, in theory, it shall work with any Android device running KitKat or above.
Without any further a due, let’s jump to the tutorial on how to enable immersive mode for all Android Apps.
- Go to Settings >> About Phone >> Build Number, here tap on Build Number 7 to 8 times to enable Developer Options. Once enabled, go to Developer options and enable USB Debugging.
- To run the ADB commands, Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
- Install latest USB drivers for your device on your PC.
How to Enable Immersive Mode For All Android Apps – Without Root
- Connect your Android Device to the PC via USB Cable.
- Go to the platform-tools directory, within the directory press Shift key+right mouse-click and click on “Open command window here”.
- Now use the below ADB commands to enable Immersive mode for all Android Apps.
- Command If you only want to hide the Status bar
- adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.status=*
- If you only want to hide the Navigation bar use below command.
- adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.navigation=*
- Command If you want to hide both Status and Navigation bars.
- adb shell settings put global policy_control immersive.full=*
- And shall you decide to revert, use below command.
- adb shell settings put global policy_control null*
That’s it! Immersive Mode is enabled for All Apps without any root or app.