LG in its recent release G6 has opted for Rounded Corners of the screen instead of usually edged corners. However, this seems to have back-fired as LG failed to keep the corners in a perfect round. The display corners are jaggy and will be unacceptable for many users. Despite its vibrant and near bezel less design people will still not tolerate that not so perfect rounded corners. As mentioned on XDA, this defect was found in pre-production units in South-Korea. Below is what XDA has to say.
This “defect” (if you could call it that) was found on pre-production units in South Korea and at Mobile World Congress, as well as in our review unit. Consumer-ready versions might show different levels of jaggedness and a different transition from side to corner. However, we have no reason to believe that’s the case with the information we have thus far.
Fortunately a senior XDA Developer “flyperinc” has built an app named Cornerfly which imitates the fancy curved display look of the LG G6 and S8 by “coloring in” the corners with black pixels. This is How to fix jaggy display corners of LG G6.
How to Fix Jaggy Display Corners of LG G6
Cornerfly is available for download on Google Play Store. But you can also download Cornerfly 1.05.RC1 APK for Android directly from our website. Also, follow our guide to install the application successfully.
Download Cornerfly 1.05.RC1 APK for Android
- Download Cornerfly 1.05.RC1 APK for Android
- Copy the downloaded APK on your Android device.
- To install APK files from other sources you will have to go toSetting >> Security >> Allow Unknown Sources. Once you check this option you will be able to install the files.
- Tap the downloaded APK to initiate the installation process
- After completion, run Cornerfly and fix those Jaggy display corners of LG G6.