Do you have a friend who has a bad habit of scrolling through the gallery without your permission? Or maybe you keep some important scanned documents in your gallery which you don’t want others to see. Well, here are two methods to hide pictures on Android Gallery. The implementation of both the methods is fairly easy and by following them you will be able to hide pictures on Android Gallery in a jiffy. To hide pictures on Android Gallery all we need is a file manager which can Show hidden files, we are going to use Solid Explorer for this tutorial. So, without wasting any time let’s hide some pictures and videos on your Android Gallery.
How to Hide Pictures on Android Gallery (Method 1)
- First of all, grab your Android phone and install Solid Explorer from Google Play Store on it.
- Once the file manager is installed, head towards the app drawer and launch the Solid Explorer.
- Now in Solid Explorer, Tap the ‘+’ icon at the bottom-right corner.
- Click on the New Folder Option.
- Enter a name for the folder. The name should have “.” in front of it. For example- .Private
- The newly created folder must not show in the list if it’s appearing restart the file manager.
- Now Tap Three Dots on the top-right corner of the screen. Next Tap on Folder Options from the menu.
- From Folder Options check Show Hidden Files. That’s it! The hidden folder will now be shown and you can start transferring your private pictures and videos to that folder.
- Once you are done transferring, go back to the Folder Options and uncheck Show Hidden Files.
How only you know where those files are placed and you have successfully hidden pictures on Android Gallery. Having said that, there will still be some files like thumbnails or album arts which could show in the gallery. To hide all these files as well, check out the below guide.
How to Hide Pictures on Android Gallery (Method 2)
- Launch Solid Explorer from App drawer.
- Navigate to the folder where you put all your private pictures.
- Tap the ‘+’ icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the New File option.
- Name the file .nomedia and hit OK to create it.
That’s it! Now pictures will not show in Android Gallery. If you want your pictures to show in gallery app simply delete the .nomedia file. Now you know how to hide pictures on Android Gallery.