Resurrection Remix released its custom ROM based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat for LG Nexus 5. This set seems little bit older to handle the latest Android software but thanks to the ever pro-active community of custom ROMs developers, they have made sure that your LG Nexus 5 doesn’t give up on you in terms of performance when you install latest Resurrection Remix Custom ROM on it.
A True HD IPS+ 4.95 inch screen is slapped on the face of LG Nexus 5. With 8 MP, f/2.4 primary Camera and 1.3 MP front facing camera. On the performance side its packed with 2GB of Ram and adequate quad-core processor. So, you shouldn’t worry about the performance as the device has enough power to run Resurrection Remix Custom ROM based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
This custom ROM is great and will let you have a smooth and fast Android 7.1.1 Nougat Experience. This custom firmware offers all Android 7.1.1 Nougat’s official features topped with a lot of custom features and tweaks to feed your tech-savvy side. This is not an official release by LG, so in order to install this custom ROM on LG Nexus 5 you need to have custom recovery installed on your device. Without it, you cannot install any custom ROM on any device.
Some of the salient features of Resurrection Remix Custom ROM includes Stability, compatible with a good number of devices, open-source to the core, OTA updates, and Battery Finally.
You were here because you wanted a guide on how to update LG Nexus 5 to latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat. Therefore, we have compiled a step by step guide to fulfill your wish and if you follow it carefully within no time you will be enjoying Nougat on your LG Nexus 5.
However before proceeding please take note that this guide is only meant to be used on Nexus 5 (hammerhead) not tried and tested on any other variant. Please don’t try it on any other variant.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your device must be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery must be installed.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos and Videos.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
- Download Google Apps Package (GAPPS)
Guide on How to Install Android 7.1.1 Resurrection Remix Nougat Custom ROM
We have tried to keep it very simple, for that reason we have put the guide step by step. You just need to follow every step carefully.
- Download Resurrection Remix Android 7.1.1 ROM and Google Apps for LG Nexus 5 to your computer.
- Connect your LG Nexus 5 with your computer using USB cable.
- Copy/Paste ResurrectionRemix Android 7.1.1 ROM .zip and Gapps .zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect from the USB Cable.
- Now get into recovery mode. Turn On the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Button together
- Then in recovery mode perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe Data/factory reset. Use volume rockers for navigation and power button for option selection.
- Now, go to Advanced Option and clear the cache by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- After performing Step 6 and 7, navigate back to the main recovery mode screen and select install zip from SD card.
- Now choose ResurrectionRemix Android 7.1.1 ROM zip file, which you copied to your SD Card, and start the installation process.
- Repeat the same process for installing Google Gapps after you are done with Step 9.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes.
You have successfully installed Android 7.1.1 Resurrection Remix Nougat Custom ROM on your LG Nexus 5.