Android 7.1.2 Nougat is now available for Samsung Galaxy S3 via crDroid Custom ROM. Samsung Galaxy S3 is one of the most popular smartphones ever produced. Samsung sold approximately 70 million units till 2015 before it got discontinued. Many users are still using this device as their daily driver. So, if you are one of them and want to check the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat then you should install crDroid Custom ROM. By installing crDroid custom ROM based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat, you will give your Galaxy S3 a new life. This custom ROM brings all the official Android 7.1.2 Nougat features to your Galaxy S3 I9300 along with some real cool aftermarket features. Also, this custom firmware allows to change clock styles even in the notification bar, a lot of customization settings, and enhance system speed etc.
This custom ROM is not an official release by Samsung, therefore, your Galaxy S3 must be rooted and CWM custom recovery must be installed on it.
So, if you are ready to install crDroid Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on Galaxy S3 then follow our step by step guide carefully.
However before proceeding please take note that this guide is only meant to be used on Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your device must be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery must be installed.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download Galaxy S3 USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Install crDroid Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on Galaxy S3 I9300
We have tried to keep to very simple, for that reason we have put the guide step by step. You just need to follow every step carefully.
- Download crDroid Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM and GAPPS for Galaxy S3 on your computer.
- Connect your Galaxy S3 with the computer using USB cable.
- Copy/Paste Android 7.1.2 Custom ROM.zip and Gapps.zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect the USB Cable.
- Now, press and hold the Volume Up, Power and Home buttons until you see the Samsung screen. Release the Power button but continue to press Home and Volume Up until you are brought to the stock recovery mode
- Then in recovery mode perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe Data/factory reset. Use volume rockers for navigation and power button for option selection.
- Now, go to Advanced Option and clear the cache by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- After performing Step 6 and 7, navigate back to the main recovery mode screen and select install zip from SD card.
- Now choose Android 7.1.2 Custom ROM zip file, which you copied to your SD Card, and start the installation process.
- Repeat the same process for installing GAPPS after you are done with Step 9.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes.
That’s it! Now you know How to Install crDroid Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on Galaxy S3 I9300.