Android 7.1.2 Nougat is now available for LG G4 (h815) via crDroid Custom ROM. LG G4 is one of the best smartphones produced in G series of LG. If you own this beautiful smartphone and want to taste the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat, then you are in the right place. Today we will tell you how to update LG G4 (h815) to Android 7.1.2 Nougat via crDroid Custom ROM. By installing crDroid custom ROM based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat, you will give your LG G4 a new life. This custom ROM brings all the official Android 7.1.2 Nougat features to your LG G4 (h815) along with some really cool aftermarket features. Also, this custom firmware allows changing clock styles even in the notification bar. There are a lot of customization settings which will keep you busy.
This custom ROM is not an official release by LG, therefore, your LG G4 must be rooted and CWM custom recovery must be installed on it.
So, if you are ready to install crDroid Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on LG G4 (h815) then follow our step by step guide carefully.
However before proceeding please take note that this guide is only meant to be used on LG G4 (h815).
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your device must be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery must be installed.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download LG G4 USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Install crDroid Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on LG G4 (h815)
We have tried to keep to very simple, for that reason we have put the guide step by step. You just need to follow every step carefully.
- Download crDroid Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM and GAPPS for LG G4 on your computer.
- Connect your phone with computer using USB cable.
- Copy/Paste Android 7.1.2 Custom ROM.zip and Gapps.zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect the USB Cable.
- Now, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons until you see the LG logo. Once you see the logo, release both the buttons for a second and hold them again until you reach the recovery menu.
- Then in recovery mode perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe Data/factory reset. Use volume rockers for navigation and power button for option selection.
- Now, go to Advanced Option and clear the cache by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- After performing Step 6 and 7, navigate back to the main recovery mode screen and select install zip from SD card.
- Now choose Android 7.1.2 Custom ROM zip file, which you copied to your SD Card, and start the installation process.
- Repeat the same process for installing GAPPS after you are done with Step 9.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes.
That’s it! Now you know How to Install crDroid Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on LG G4.