Lineage OS 14.1 Custom ROM based on Android 7.1 Nougat is now available for Sony Xperia Z5 Compact. In this tutorial, we will tell you how to Install Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat Custom ROM on Sony Xperia Z5 Compact. Xperia Z5 Compact is upgradable to Android 7.0 Nougat, but if you want a clean and bloatware free experience along with awesome Lineage OS custom features then you should install Lineage OS 14.1 Custom ROM on your Xperia Z5 Compact.
This custom ROM will bring all the latest features of Android 7.1 to your Xperia Z5 Compact, along with the custom features of Lineage. The ROM is not officially announced by Sony so you might face some minor issue while using it. However, no major issues are reported which stop you from installing this awesome custom ROM on your Xperia Z5 Compact. We have compiled a step by step guide on how to Install Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat Custom ROM On Sony Xperia Z5 Compact.
However before proceeding please take note that this guide is only meant to be used on Sony Xperia Z5 Compact. Please don’t try it on any other Model.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your device must be rooted and ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery must be installed. This guide is based on ClockWorkMod.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install latest Sony Xperia Z5 Compact USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat Custom ROM On Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
We have tried to keep it very simple, for that reason we have put the guide step by step. You just need to follow every step carefully.
- Download Lineage OS 14.1Android 7.1 ROM for Xperia Z5 Compact ROM and Google Apps for Xperia Z5 Compact to your computer.
- Connect your Xperia Z5 Compact to the computer using USB cable.
- Copy/Paste lineage-14.1-20170506-UNOFFICIAL-suzuran.rar and zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect the USB Cable.
- Now get into recovery mode. To do so, turn On the phone while pressing and holding Volume Down and Power Button Release the power button when phone vibrates but keep pressing the Volume Down button. Release the Volume Down button when you see Android on the screen.
- In recovery mode perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe Data/factory reset. Use volume rockers for navigation and power button for option selection.
- Now, go to Advanced Option and clear the cache by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- After performing Step 6 and 7, navigate back to the main recovery mode screen and select install zip from SD card.
- Now choose lineage-14.1-20170506-UNOFFICIAL-suzuran.rar, which you copied to your SD Card, and start the installation process.
- Repeat the same process for installing GAPPS after you are done with Step 9.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes.
You have successfully installed Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat Custom ROM on your Sony Xperia Z5 Compact.