Razer has released their first ever smartphone in November 2017. The phone comes with a big 5.7-inch LCD display supporting 1440 x 2560 resolution. Razer phone is powered by Snapdragon 835 and packs whopping 8GB RAM. On the memory side, it comes with 64GB of internal memory and supports expandable memory up to 256GB. Razer is clearly targeting the gamer community as its display has a refresh rate 120Hz as opposed to all the other phones which come with a display which has a refresh rate of 60Hz. Moreover, it comes with Dolby Atmos stereo speakers (THX-certified amplifiers). Unfortunately, Razer phone comes with a locked bootloader. Any power Android user won’t like it, therefore, we decided to write a complete guide on How to Unlock Bootloader on Razer Phone. So, if you were searching for the guide then your search ends right here.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.k
- Download and install Google USB Drivers on your Windows PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- OEM unlocking should also be enabled.
- Setup and install ADB and Fastboot drivers on your PC.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Razer Phone
- Go to ADB and Fastboot folder and open the command prompt there. Hold shift key + Right click> Select Open Command Window here.
- Now type in the following command to boot your Razer Phone into bootloader mode: adb reboot bootloader.
- Once your Razer Phone is in bootloader mode type the following command in Command Window: fastboot -i 0x1532 devices (This command will list your device in command prompt. Which means your phone is properly connected)
- Execute the below command to unlock the bootloader of Razer Phone: fastboot -i 0x1532 flashing unlock
- After entering the above command, the prompt on your Razer Phone will ask that whether you want to unlock bootloader or not. Select Yes.
- After making the above selection, your device will reboot.
That’s it! You have successfully unlocked Bootlader on Razer Phone.