The Mi A1 is the first smartphone by Xiaomi which doesn’t run on MIUI. Mi A1 runs Vanilla Android and comes with the Android One project of Google. Although it’s a budget phone it packs some real punch when it comes to hardware. The phone has a sturdy aluminum body which gives the premium feel at a budget price. The heavy feature of the Xiaomi Mi A1 lies in the camera department. Yes, you heard it right! It comes with a dual-camera setup and gives really crisp and vibrant shots. The camera is so good that we can safely say that it’s the best camera ever produced by Xiaomi. Only Redmi Note 5 Pro’s camera setup has the punch to compete with Mi A1’s camera. Anyhow, Mi A1 has camera watermark feature inside its camera application. In this Android Tutorial, we will tell you how to customize Xiaomi Mi A1 Camera Watermark.
Customization of this camera watermark feature was always on the cards as it’s there but with very limited options. Therefore, a senior XDA Member, Shripal Jain, has developed a Camera Watermark Editor application for the Xiaomi Mi A1 which gives you a lot of options in camera watermark feature. Below are some of the salient features of Camera Watermark Editor.
Features of Camera Watermark Editor
- Change Icon
- No Icon
- Mi A1 Default Icon
- OnePlus 5 Icon
- Icon Tint
- Change Text
- Maximum of 2 Lines
- Customisable text
- Custom Fonts using Google Fonts
- Text Size
- Text Color
- Add Colored Shadow
- Settings for shadow
- Live Preview watermark before applying
- Option to restore stock watermark
Camera Watermark Editor comes with Magisk Module. Therefore, it’s necessary that Magisk is installed on your Xiaomi Mi A1.
- Install Magisk on Xiaomi Mi A1.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during unlock procedure. This might damage your device permanently.
How To Customize Xiaomi Mi A1 Camera Watermark
- Download Camera Watermark Magisk Module.zip from the link given above in Downloads section.
- Now, go to your Magisk Manager app and install this module and reboot your Xiaomi Mi A1.
- Next, download camera Watermark Editor.apk from the Downloads section.
- Copy the downloaded APK to your Android device.
- To install APK files from other sources you will have to go to Setting >> Security >> Allow Unknown Sources. Once you check this option you will be able to install the files.
- Tap the downloaded APK to initiate the installation process.
- After completion, launch Camera Watermark Editor app from your app drawer.