Google Pixel 3a and 3a XL have just started to receive Android 10 stable update. The update is being pushed via OTA, so it’s obvious that it will be incremental and it can take some time before it reaches your device. However, you can still download and install Android 10 on Pixel 3a and 3a XL manually by simply following our guide. After several betas run Google has finally started to push the official version of Android 10 on all devices. Naturally, Pixel brand is owned by Google so Pixel devices are going to be the first ones to receive this update. There are a lot of new features of Android 10 which are worth trying.
After quite a bit of suspense, we finally came to know that it’s going to be only Android 10. As Google has discontinued its tradition of naming Android versions after sweet dishes. Android Pie is going to be the last one receiving the name of a sweet dish. Anyhow, below is a quick rundown of the new features Android 10 has to offer.
Features of Android 10
- Dark Theme (System-wide Dark Mode)
- Project Mainline (Updates through Play Store)
- Users will have more control over location / GPS
- Improved privacy protections in Android 10
- Support for fold-able and innovative new screens
- Sharing Shortcuts, Settings Panels and a lot more!
For a detailed feature list of Android 10, click here.
Now that you know what the latest Android version has to offer, it’s time to show you how you can download Android 10 factory images of Google Pixel 3a and 3a XL and then install them.
Before you go any further, be mindful of the fact that this guide is only meant to be applied on Google Pixel 3a and 3a XL. So, if you have anything which reads other than Pixel 3a or Pixel 3a XL in your model section then close the guide right here.
- Setup and Install ADB/Fastboot Drivers.
- Enable Developer Options, to do this go to Settings>About Phone. From here tap on build number 6 to 7 times.
- Enable USB Debugging in Settings>Developer Options.
- Install Google Pixel 3a/3a XL USD Drivers for Windows PC or Mac.
- Backup all important data.
- Make sure your device is charged up to 60% to avoid any shutdowns during the installation of Android 10 official factory image.
- Download Android 10 official factory image: Pixel 3a
- Download Android 10 official factory image: Pixel 3a XL
Install Android 10 on Google Pixel 3a and 3a XL
- Download Android 10 official factory image on your PC, according to your device.
- Now turn off your device and connect it to your PC via USB Cable.
- Get into the Fastboot/Bootloader Mode on your phone. Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons till you see the Fastboot menu and START on top.
- Now extract the downloaded update file anywhere on your computer. Go to the sargo-qp1aor bonito-qp1a folder and Copy/Paste all the files into Fastboot folder.
- Now from the factory image files in the Fastboot Folder do the following depending on your OS.
- On Windows: Run the file “flash-all.bat”.
- On Mac: Run the file “flash-all.sh” using Terminal
- On Linux: Run the file “flash-all.sh”.
- That’s pretty much it! Now, wait and watch as the installation gets completed. Once the process is completed the phone will reboot. The first boot can take up to 5 minutes.
It’s that easy! You didn’t have to wait for the OTA update, you have manually installed Android 10 on your Google Pixel 3a or Pixel 3a XL.