Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime VE (fortunave3g) was released nearly 4 years back and its impossible that the device this old would get the latest Android updates. It was released with Android 4.4 KitKat out of the box and later it got updated to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. But thanks to the awesome companies like Linage OS we keep on getting latest Android updates, in form of Custom ROMs, for older devices. Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime VE (fortunave3g) users can now download and install Android 9.0 Pie on their smartphone. There’s quite a chance that you have kept your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime VE just to test the latest Custom ROMs developers have to offer. Therefore, go ahead and Download Android 9.0 Lineage OS 16 ROM for Galaxy Grand Prime VE.
In this guide, we will tell you how to download and install Android 9.0 Lineage OS 16 ROM on Galaxy Grand Prime VE (fortunave3g). This is not an official update by Samsung. Therefore, in order to install it, you must have a rooted device and CWM must be installed on it.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your device must be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery must be installed.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download Galaxy Grand Prime VE USB Drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
How to Download Android 9.0 Lineage OS 16 ROM for Galaxy Grand Prime VE
We have tried to keep it very simple, so we have made a step by step guide. Just follow each step carefully to successfully install Android 9.0 Lineage OS 16 ROM on your Galaxy Grand Prime VE.
- Download Lineage OS 16 ROM and GAPPS for Galaxy Grand Prime VE.
- Connect your device with the computer using the USB cable.
- Copy/Paste Lineage OS 16 ROM and GAPPS zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of the SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect the USB Cable.
- Now get into recovery mode. Turn On the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons
- Then in recovery mode perform a full data wipe by selecting Wipe Data/factory reset. Use volume rockers for navigation and power button for option selection.
- Now, go to Advanced Option and clear the cache by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- After performing Step 6 and 7, navigate back to the main recovery mode screen and select install zip from SD card.
- Now choose Lineage OS 16 ROM zip file, which you copied to your SD Card, and start the installation process.
- Repeat the same process for installing GAPPS after you are done with Step 9.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes.
You have successfully installed Android 9.0 Lineage OS 16 ROM on Galaxy Grand Prime VE (fortunave3g).