Rootless Pixel Launcher 3 APK is now released and available for download. You can install the Pixel launcher 3 on any Android device running on Android Lollipop or above. Before this APK, there were many ports available for Pixel Launcher but most of them required root. Developer Amir Zaidi (AmirZ) done a brilliant job in bringing us the rootless Pixel Launcher 3 in the form of APK. All you have to do is to download Rootless Pixel Launcher 3 APK and install it on any Android device.
Pixel Launcher 3 is based on Android 8.1 Oreo on the Google Pixel 2. However, AmirZ didn’t leave the folks who don’t have Android 8.1 Oreo installed on their devices. He made the rootless Pixel Launcher 3 APK compatible with Android version (Lollipop upwards). The developer has also managed to throw in a lot of custom features apart from the other Pixel Launcher features have been ported.
Custom Features of Rootless Pixel Launcher 3 APK
- Provide simple app suggestions based on the number of drawer clicks. These are not the same as the real Pixel Launcher.
- Round icons from Android 7.1 Nougat are used when available.
- Support for icon packs with calendar icons that change with the date.
- The app filter hides icon packs from the app drawer when using one.
- There is a screen size profile for a 6×6 grid when the DPI is low.
- You can open and close notifications from anywhere on the home screen.
- There is a release link in the settings app when clicking About -> Version.
- Centered screen popups when left/right would go out of the screen.
- Remove the popup arrow when it is shifted to prevent clipping.
- Open the browser when using the search bar when the Google App is unavailable.
- Themes are hardcoded to look like the Pixel, for compatibility across OEMs.
- Resize all apps list when opening the keyboard.
- Use padding underneath the bottom search bar on devices without a navigation bar.
- Oreo only – Disabled adaptive icons for pre-Oreo apps, so you don’t get boxes inside of boxes.
Click here for the full feature list of Rootless Pixel Launcher 3 APK
How to Download and Install Rootless Pixel Launcher 3 APK
- Download Rootless Pixel Launcher 3 APK for Android.
- Copy the downloaded APK on your Android device.
- To install APK files from other sources you will have to go to Setting >> Security >> Allow Unknown Sources. Once you check this option you will be able to install the files.
- Tap the downloaded APK to initiate the installation process.
Did you like the Pixel Launcher 3 and its custom features? Let us know in the comments.