Xiaomi always releases its firmware files in two formats i.e Fastboot ROM and recovery ROM. Fastboot ROM is flashed via a tool, developed by Xiaomi, called Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool. To flash a recovery ROM you need to have a recovery installed on your Xiaomi smartphone. Mi Flash Tool is a pretty useful tool, with it, you can unbrick the bricked Xiaomi smartphone, or it can be helpful if your phone got stuck in boot loop. For more simpler reasons, if the OTA hasn’t yet arrived in your region but the Fastboot ROM is released already by Xiaomi then you download the Fastboot ROM and install it using Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool.
Mi Flash Tool nearly supports all Xiaomi smartphones. Using Mi Flash Tool is fairly simple, we will get to it later in the post, all you need to have is a Fastboot ROM downloaded for your Xiaomi smartphone. There are a lot of online sources from where you can download the Fastboot ROM of stock firmware for your Xiaomi smartphone. In this post, we will take you through the complete process of flashing a Fastboot ROM using Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool.
But before you jump to the guide, make sure to make a backup of all the important data. Also, enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging mode on your phone before flashing the ROM.
How To Flash Fastboot ROM on Xiaomi Phones via Xiaomi Mi Flash
- Download and Install Latest Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool on your PC.
- Download the Fastboot ROM for your Xiaomi smartphone.
- Extract the downloaded Fastboot ROM on your Computer.
- Now launch the Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool and click on Select or Browse on the top left corner.
- In the browse window, select MIUI folder which you got after extracting the Fastboot ROM.
- Now boot your Xiaomi smartphone into Fastboot mode. To do so, turn off your XIaomi smartphone then turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power buttons to boot into the Fastboot mode. Connect it to your computer now.
- Get back to Mi Flash Tool on the computer and click the Refresh button.
- Now it’s time to tell Mi Flash Tool what you want to do. You can select any of the following options from the tray appearing at the bottom of the Tool.
- Flash All / Clean All: This option will wipe everything from your Xiaomi smartphone. And will perform a fresh installation of firmware.
- Save User Data / Flash All Except Storage: This option erases applications and data but saves the data stored on the internal sd card.
- Clean All and Lock: As the name suggests, this option will wipe your phone and lock it.
- Flash All Except Data and Storage: Applications and data won’t be removed, neither the internal storage.
- Now simply click on Flash and let the Mi Flash Tool flash Fastboot ROM on your Xiaomi smartphone.
- This first boot will take up to 4 to 5 mins.
That’s all. Now you know how to Flash Fastboot ROM on Xiaomi Phones via Xiaomi Mi Flash.