OnePlus 6 is OnePlus’ latest flagship device which it has recently launched in the market. The device has all the bells and whistles which are mandatory in a flagship device released in 2018. It features the latest processor, the abundance of RAM, a superb display, and the more famous feature of Face Unlocking. However, even after all these features, it lacks one simple feature which is loved by nearly all the Android users. Yes, we are talking about Always On Display (AOD). OnePlus is yet to implement Always on Display on any of their devices. The shocking thing is that OnePlus’ devices use Samsung’s famous AMOLED displays, but still not Always on Display. Anyhow, in this Android Tutorial we are going to tell you how to enable Always on Display on OnePlus 5/5T and OnePlus 6.
All OnePlus devices are well equipped to support Always On Display feature, but for some odd reason, it’s not been introduced in any of the devices. It became possible to enable Always on Display on OnePlus 5/5T and OnePlus 6 because all the mentioned devices use AMOLED displays. AOD is a very useful feature for those who constantly check their devices for notifications and time. Normally you would need to turn on the screen just to check the notifications or time. With the help of Always on Display, you will have time and other essential information on the glance. This feature definitely saves battery life, however, in this case, we cannot guarantee that as, obviously, these devices are not designed to support Always On Display by default. In fact, there would be a little battery drain after you enable Always on Display on OnePlus 5/5T and OnePlus 6.
So, if you are ready to bargain a small amount of battery for a useful feature like Always on Display then proceed further without any hesitation. Below is the guide on How to Enable Always on Display on OnePlus 5/5T and OnePlus 6.
We are going to use a Magisk Module for this purpose. You can apply this Magisk Module either by using Magisk Manager or TWRP. Whichever method you choose, you must have a rooted device in order to enable Always On Display (AOD). So, this is the foremost and only requirement before you proceed towards the guide.
Note: This module was originally developed for OnePlus 5, but it works perfectly fine on OnePlus 5T and OnePlus 6.
How to Enable Always On Display on OnePlus 5/5T and OnePlus 6 via Magisk Manager
- Download the Magisk Module from the link given in Downloads Section.
- Open Magisk Manager and head over to the Modules section using the side menu drawer.
- Here, tap on the floating ‘+’ button at the bottom.
- Locate the Downloaded zip module and long-press it to Select it.
- Tap OPEN in the top-right corner and the module will be installed.
- Once the installation is completed, tap on Reboot.
- Once your OnePlus boots up, head towards Settings >> Display >> Ambient Display >> here enable the Always On Display on your OnePlus 5/5T and OnePlus 6.
If you want to install this module via TWRP then don’t worry we have got you covered. Below is the guide on how to enable Always On Display on OnePlus 5/5T and OnePlus 6 via TWRP.
How to Enable Always on Display on OnePlus 5/5T and OnePlus 6 via TWRP
- First of all, download OP5_AOD_enabler.zip from the Downloads Section.
- Now reboot your device into TWRP recovery. To do so, turn off your OnePlus device then turn it on by pressing and holding Power and Volume Down buttons together for few seconds.
- Tap on Install on the Main Menu of TWRP.
- Navigate to and select the downloaded Magisk module: zip
- Swipe at the bottom to flash.
- Tap on reboot to restart the device.
Once your OnePlus boots up, it will have Always on Display enabled on it.