We recently penned down a guide that taught you how to unlock the bootloader on your Google Pixel C, we are back again with another comprehensive and easy guide that will teach you how to flash a custom TWRP recovery on your Google Pixel C. Do keep in mind that although the process of unlocking bootloader, and flashing a custom recovery your tablet is rather very easy. However, it is suggested that you refrain from doing so if you are an ordinary user. This is because
- Unlocking the bootloader will automatically void your warranty and wipe your storage.
- Unlocking the bootloader is only for advanced users or developers.
If you acknowledge the points mentioned above, you can proceed and follow the guide. So without any further ado, let’s proceed.
Note: At the time of writing this, there’s no official TWRP recovery available and an unofficial recovery is being used.
Flash TWRP on Google Pixel C
- Download and Install ADB from here.
- Download the TWRP recovery and place it in the ABD folder that should be C > adb. Rename the file to “twrp.img” for easier access.
- Go to Settings > About Tablet > Tap the build number 7 times to enable Developer options.
- Go to Settings > Developer options and enable USB debugging.
- Connect your Pixel C to the computer.
- Open command prompt in the adb folder by pressing and holding shift key and then clicking right click; choose “open command window here” from the dropdown window.
- Type in the following command in order to enter the bootloader mode:adb reboot bootloader
- Once you’re there, execute the following command to flash the recovery:fastboot flash twrp.img
- Once the process is done, simply type in the following command and execute it to reboot your device:fastboot reboot
Congratulations, you have successfully installed TWRP recovery on to your Google Pixel C, to reboot into recovery, connect your device to the PC, fire up the command prompt and enter the following command: “adb reboot recovery“