Although the Samsung Galaxy S5 is overall a capable device, there is one small issue in the phone that has been present every since the phone was officially released. The microphone gain on the phone isn’t as good as it should be, this results in frustration specially if you are on call in a busy area like a tube, bus station or basically anywhere that has crowd. Lucky for the Galaxy S5 owners, everything on Android has a fix and so does this microphone gain issue.
Thanks to a very talented XDA user who goes by the name thejester123 we have a mod that will increase the microphone gain to a respectable amount in order to help you people. If you are too concerned about flashing the mod, just know that the mod will only make changes to mixer_paths.xml and nothing else. Apart from increasing the microphone gain, this mod will also increase the overall volume of your phone.
If you are willing to have a higher microphone gain as well as increased volume on your Galaxy S5, follow the simple yet effective guide.
Note: The guide works on all the variants of Galaxy S5, however, your device must be rooted with custom recovery installed.
Increase Microphone Gain on Samsung Galaxy S5
- Download the flashable mod from here.
- Copy it in your phone’s internal or external storage.
- Turn off your Galaxy S5 and boot it in recovery by pressing and holding volume up + power + home button until the phone boots into recovery.
- Navigate to where you have placed the mod and select it.
- Confirm the flashing process and wait a few seconds till the process is complete.
- Once done, reboot your phone.
That is it, folks. Once your phone boots up, you will notice significantly better microphone gain as well a better overall sound. If you are not satisfied with the mod and want to revert back, there is another flashable zip in the source link that will help you go back to stock. In case you face any issues, feel free to let us know.