Unlocking the bootloader of your Android device has been a fairly common practice ever since the advent of Android. Surely, the process of getting full access to your device seemed like a far-away dream, things have changed now. OEMs have started to acknowledge that giving full access to a device isn’t that bad after all. This acknowledgement has resulted in OEMs letting the bootloader of their devices get unlocked by providing the services themselves.
If you are not aware of the fact, unlocking the bootloader does void warranty and this is only intended for developers or advanced users who like to get the best out of their devices. With that said, today we are going to take a look at how you can unlock bootloader on almost all the Huawei devices. We plan on starting more tutorials that will allow you to unlock bootloader on other OEMs such as Google, Sony, HTC and LG but for now, Huawei is the device we are catering to.
Luckily, unlocking the bootloader on a Huawei device is quite similar to unlocking bootloader on any other OEM that officially supports this deed via their own website. However, if you’re still concerned about messing things up, we’re here to guide you through the steps and make sure nothing goes wrong.
Note: The process of unlocking bootloader completely wipes your internal storage and can’t be reversed. It is advised to back-up your data before proceeding.
How to Unlock Bootlload on Huawei Devices
- Download and install ADB installer for quick setting up of ADB from here.
- Open your internet browser and type in this address https://emui.huawei.com/en/plugin.php?id=unlock
- If you don’t know what you are getting into, make sure you read the unlocking agreement properly and then proceed by checking the “I have read and accept all terms above” and then clicking on the next button.
- The website will ask you some information about your device, provide the required information to proceed to the next page.
- If the information you provided was correct, you’ll be given a 16 digit code; make sure to note it down for future use.
- On your device, go to Settings > About Device > Tap the build number 7 times.
- Go back to settings and scroll down to see Developer Options, go there and enable USB debugging.
- Connect your device and you’ll get a prompt. Simply allow the USB debugging.
- Now open a command prompt and type in the following command:adb reboot bootloader.
- Once you are in the bootloader, type in the following command in order to unlock the bootloader.fastboot oem unlock <your 16-digit code goes here>
- The process will start and once it finishes, your device will reboot with all the data wiped.
That was all. With few simple steps. You have successfully managed to unlock the bootloader of your Huawei devices. In case you faced any issues, feel free to let us know.