Finally, Samsung Experience 9.0 hits Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F with the Android 8.0 Oreo update. Its’ been nearly six months since Android Oreo was launched and Galaxy Note 8 is only the second Samsung device to receive the update. Anyhow, Android 8.0 Oreo hits Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F in European countries like France. It features the latest March 2018 Android security patch. It comes with the firmware build number N950FXXU3CRC1. You can download Official Android 8.0 Oreo firmware for Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F from this article. The update is being pushed via OTA update system, therefore, it means it’s not going to reach all the users at once. However, by following our guide you can either Download Official Android 8.0 Oreo firmware for your region or you can install French XEF Android Oreo version on your Galaxy Note 8.
If you want to download Official Android 8.0 Oreo firmware specifically for your region then follow our detailed guide on How to Download Official Samsung Stock Firmware from Samsung Servers. Once it’s downloaded, simply flash it with Odin.
However, should you decide to install French XEF Android Oreo version on your Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950F, then follow the guide below carefully.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Galaxy Note 8 USB drivers on your PC.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
- Download Android 8.0 Oreo N950FXXU3CRC1 (French XEF)
- Download The Combo Firmware
- Download the Modified Odin for Combo
How to Install Android 8.0 Oreo N950FXXU3CRC1 On Any Note 8 N950F
Following guide needs a factory reset. And also keep in mind that this would change your device CSC to XEF.
- First of all, factory reset your Galaxy Note 8. Need Help: Here’s the guide.
- Now boot your Galaxy Note 8 into Download mode (by pressing and holding Volume Up + Bixby Button and Power Button). And flash XEF Firmware including CSC. Not the Home CSC. You can flash here by using normal Odin 3.1.3.
- Once the flashing process is done. Remove your SIM Card or/and SD Card. Do the initial setup without Wi-Fi or Mobile data. In short, your device shouldn’t be connected to any type of internet.
- Again reboot your Galaxy Note 8 into Stock Recovery and Factory Reset it.
- Now we are going to flash Combo Firmware file as AP. Download and launch the modified Odin to flash Combo Firmware.
- Use the Home CSC from French Firmware and AP file from Combo Firmware.
- Flash the firmware as you would do with normal Odin.
- Once the installation is completed reboot the device to the system.
- Now go to IME and type: *#243203855#. And change CSC to XEF.
- Reboot the phone. Now your phone is with XEF Firmware.
- Turn off the Galaxy Note 8 and reboot it into Download Mode Again. Flash the XEF Firmware and use the CSC Using Odin. Not CSC Home.
- Now you can connect to Wi-Fi and check for Oreo OTA update.