Today is a big day for Xioami Mi Max 2 users as the company released the first version of MIUI ROM for Mi Max 2. The MIUI 22.214.171.124 is the latest version of MIUI ROM developed for Xioami Mi Max 2 and is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. The new MIUI ROM improves the overall performance and fixes some minor bugs. The new MIUI ROM is currently on the roll and if you can’t wait any further then you can download and install it manually on your device by following our detailed guide.
Here are the features of MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM for Xioami Mi Max 2:
- Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
- New – Swipe to delete Lockscreen notifications
- New – UI adjustments for toggles
- New – Battery saver toggle can be added to the Notification shade
- Optimization – Lock screen PINlayout
- Optimization – Changed icons forUSB charging and switching keyboards
- Optimization – Floating notifications won’t appear in DND mode
- Fix – Notification shade issues during incoming call floating notifications
- Fix – Wi-Fi page made the device freeze when it was opened for the first time
- Fix – Notification shade issues
- Fix – Issues with opacity after using third party themes
- Fix – The first notification couldn’t be removed by a swipe
- Fix – Landscape mode issues with third party themes
- New – Home screen settings added to the Settings
- Fix – Part of UI for deleting apps wasn’t visible on light background
So, if you are ready and want to update Mi Max 2 to MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM then follow the steps. But before proceeding, make you have taken a complete backup of your important data including photos, videos, documents and other multimedia items.
This MIUI 184.108.40.206 update guide is only for Xiaomi Mi Max 2. Verify your device model by going to Settings > About Phone.
AndroidTutorial.Net will not be held responsible for any damage to your device during or after the update process. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure you have created a full backup of your device including your personal photos and videos.
- Your device should have more than 60 percent or higher battery to prevent any unexpected shutdowns during the update process.
- You need to activate the USB Debugging on your device. You can enable it USB Debugging on Xiaomi Mi Max 2 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- You have installed the latest Xiaomi Mi Max 2 USB Drivers.
How to Update Xiaomi Mi Max 2 to MIUI 220.127.116.11 Global Stable ROM:
Method No. 1: Install MIUI 18.104.22.168 via Update Recovery ROM:
Step 1: First of all, download the MIUI 22.214.171.124 Global Stable Recovery ROM update file and rename it to ‘Update.zip’.
Step 2: Now, Connect your Xiaomi Mi Max 2 to PC via the USB cable.
Step 3: Place the Update file to your phone.
Step 4: Once done, Go to Updater App from your phone app menu and click on the three dots (‘…’) at the top right corner and select the ‘Choose Update Package’.
Step 5: Once selected, the installation process will initiate and will take some time to complete.
That’s it. You have successfully updated your Mi Max 2 to MIUI 126.96.36.199 Stock ROM.
Method 2:Install MIUI 188.8.131.52 Update via FastBoot ROM:
Step 1: Download the MIUI 184.108.40.206 FastBoot ROM and place it on your desktop.
Step 2: Power On the device by pressing and holding Volume Down + Power button together.
Step 3: Now connect your device to PC via the USB cable.
Step 4: Now open Mi Flash tool and paste the ROM folder path.
Step 5: Now, click on the flash button to start the flashing process. Once done You have the latest firmware installed.
If you have any questions do let us know in the comments.