Like stated earlier in the previous posts, Sony is currently rolling out the Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the first batch of eligible devices. We already covered a comprehensive guide on how you can update your Xperia Z3+ to Android 6.0 Marshamllow, we are back with another guide and this time, it’s for the Xperia Z3+ Dual. Although the update is rolling out via OTA and Sony PC Companion, the guide is specially for people who have unlocked the bootloaders of their devices or haven’t received the update notification yet.
If you are willing to update your Xperia Z3+ Dual to Android 6.0 Marshmallow, simply follow the easy steps below and you will have the sweetness of Marshmallow on your device in no time.
Update Xperia Z3+ Dual to Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Download and install the latest Flashtool > Download.
- Download the Android 6.0 Marshmallow FTF > Download.
- Copy the downloaded FTF into the firmware sub-folder located in the Flashtool folder.
- Launch the Flashtool and wait for it to load.
- Once it does, click on the small lightning bolt on the top left and choose Flashmode.
- Choose the firmware that you pasted in the firmware folder.
- Make sure only Wipe Data/Cache/App logs boxes are checked.
- Press OK and turn off your phone now.
- Once the Flashtool asks you plug in your phone, press and hold the volume down key and plug in your phone.
- The firmware flashing process will begin.
- Once it finishes, remove the USB cable and reboot your device.
That was all, folks. Once the device boots up, you can freely enjoy the Marshmallow goodness on your device. In case of any issues, feel free to comment below and let us know.