Sony has finally fulfilled its promise and has started pushing the much awaited Android 6.0 Marshmallow to the first batch of eligible devices. The devices that have received the update are Xperia Z3+, Z3+ Dual, Z5 Dual, Z5 and Z5 Compact and Z5 Premium. The update is currently seeding out via OTA and Sony PC companion. However, if your device has an unlocked bootloader or you haven’t received the updating notification just yet, you can update your phone by manually flashing the FTF file.
In case you are willing to install the Android 6.0 Marshmallow onto your Xperia Z3+ then you are at the right place. All you need to do is follow the simple guide and you’ll be done in no time.
Update Xperia Z3+ to Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Download and install the latest Flashtool > Download.
- Download the Android 6.0 Marshmallow FTF > Download.
- Copy the downloaded FTF into the firmware sub-folder located in the Flashtool folder.
- Launch the Flashtool and wait for it to load.
- Once it does, click on the small lightning bolt on the top left and choose Flashmode.
- Choose the firmware that you pasted in the firmware folder.
- Make sure only Wipe Data/Cache/App logs boxes are checked.
- Press OK and turn off your phone now.
- Once the Flashtool asks you plug in your phone, press and hold the volume down key and plug in your phone.
- The firmware flashing process will begin.
- Once it finishes, remove the USB cable and reboot your device.
That was all, folks. You have successfully installed Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your Xperia Z3+. In case you faced any issues, feel free to let us know.