Android Nougat is yet to be released on many latest Android devices. Manufacturers are rolling the updates every day so their users could enjoy the taste of the latest flavor of Android. Samsung is considered worst when it comes to keeping your users updated. It is commonly believed that Samsung rolls out updates when the OS is near obsolescence which is not a good practice for the market leader. Anyhow, thanks to Android Ecosystem the developers at XDA has developed a beautiful Custom ROM called AICP.
You can install AICP Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100. The ROM is very stable won’t slow your 5 years old veteran. Therefore, you can enjoy all the latest features of Android 7.1.1 Nougat on your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 without slowing it down. This is not an Official release by Samsung since the Korean Giant stopped the software support for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 long ago. So, you will need a Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP) installed your phone in order to install AICP Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM.
Well, this seems a difficult task, but if you follow our step by step guide then you will be able to successfully install AICP Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 within no time. However before proceeding please take note that this guide is only meant to be used on Galaxy Note 2 N7100. To confirm the model no. go to Settings > About Phone. Please don’t try it on any other variant.
ANDROIDTUTORIAL.NET WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY KIND OF DAMAGE. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your device must be rooted and ClockworkMod or TWRP recovery must be installed. This guide is based on ClockWorkMod.
- Before proceeding any further backup all your important data like Emails, Messages, Personal Photos, and Videos.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your Android Device. You can enable USB Debugging by going to Settings > Developer Options.
- The device should be charged up to 70% to avoid any unexpected shutdowns. This is very important, any shutdown during the process can damage your device permanently.
- Download Google Apps Package (GAPPS)
How to Install AICP Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100
We have tried to keep it very simple, for that reason we have put the guide step by step. You just need to follow every step carefully.
- Download AICP Android 7.1.1 custom ROM and Google Apps for Galaxy Note 2 on your computer.
- Connect your Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with your computer using USB cable.
- Copy/Paste Android 7.1.1 ROM.zip and zip files to your SD Card. Make sure to place files on the root of SD Card and not in any folder.
- Then turn off your device and disconnect the USB Cable.
- Now get into recovery mode. To do so, turn On the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power Buttons
- Then in recovery mode perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe Data/factory reset. Use volume rockers for navigation and power button for option selection.
- Now, go to Advanced Option and clear the cache by selecting wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- After performing Step 6 and Step 7, navigate back to the main recovery mode screen and select install zip from SD card.
- Now choose Android 7.1.1 ROM zip file, which you copied to your SD Card, and start the installation process.
- After the Custom ROM installation is completed. Repeat the same process for installing Google Gapps.
- That’s it! Now simply navigate to Recovery Mode Main Screen and select “Reboot System Now”. First boot can take up to five minutes, so be patient. Don’t interrupt the booting process.
You have successfully installed AICP Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100.